• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy Perch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I bought a happy perch with the suction cups on the end for the birds. I have a window over my door and the birds like to sit on top of the door to look out, but that's a bit dangerous, so I bought this perch to suction on instead.

Looks like that. I bought a medium sized one.
And so far... it SUCKS.

It wouldn't suction to the window properly. Every time Douglas sits on it, it gets weighed down and the suction pops off.

Has anyone had this problem? Or did I just get stuck with a faulty perch?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Iv had two of those both came with seperate birds, Nala had one and so did Peanut. Both of them were duds wouldnt stick to anything and when it did,Nala's weigh would drag it down and she is so little. I like the idea but dont think Ill ever buy one.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I have one of those and moisten it the slightest bit (wet your finger and then moisten a cup and repeat with the other) and they stick well

the window or surface has to be non porous and squeaky clean also :)

melissa28546

Moving in
Real Name
Melissa
I have a few of those perches and really don't have any problems. The suction does break eventually, but only after a few weeks of use. Actually, I have two in an acrylic cage for special needs birds that get almost constant use and they've worked surprisingly well.

Try getting the suction cups wet before you stick them to the window to make a stronger suction.

Also, I think the sizing on those perches runs small-- for medium birds like caiques, you'd probably need a large perch.
Or maybe you just got a faulty one. :(

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Yeah I was wondering if maybe the perch was too small, but my quaker is considerably lighter and she still weighs it down quite a bit!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I have one of those and moisten it the slightest bit (wet your finger and then moisten a cup and repeat with the other) and they stick well

the window or surface has to be non porous and squeaky clean also :)
I second moistening the cups a little bit - generally helps :)

patagonian

Hit the Road
I'm having the same issue with a shower perch I bought I can't get it to stick to my shower and it just falls down everytime....so frustrating!!..btw can anyone recommend a good shower perch!!

SDavies

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
i have two & no promblems, i'd for a larger size

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I find that the actually perch part doesn't attach to the suctions very well... and any sort of weight on it will pull it down.
Is that the same case for yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.