• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy Dance Paco is coming out of his shell!

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Well I brought Paco home on March 30, 1 and half weeks after I lost my Bugsy, my wild caught White Front Amazon, she will forever be in my heart and led me to this group.

He was in a filthy cage, plastic sheeting up on the sides of his cage, (to contain the mess) drinking from a dirty water bottle and he was plucking. I found out he was cage bound for 6 years and on a seed only diet. He is 19.

Today his feathers are coming in, I see 3 new tail feathers he only has 2, he is stretching, sitting on one foot when I am in the room. We are working on fresh veggies and of course he loves all fruit.

Trying sprouts and more food varieties. He is now sitting on top of his cage and has started to slide down the door to get a better look at his world.

We are now learning to get in the cage on request with a bribe from a almond.

I couldn't be a happier Parront.

Thank you all for your patience and my silly questions. I've had birds before but nothing as amazing as he is.

SmallFeather

Walking the driveway
I know the feeling! One of Aries' red tail feathers has started coming in and it makes me so happy to know he's making progress. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job parronting Paco! Made me laugh when you mentioned how Paco loves fruit and isn't too sure on vegetables, as Aries is the exact opposite. Congrats again on the progress!

Snowghost

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Terri
Thanks for the encouragement. It's frustrating watching him gobble up one veggie and the next day throw it on the floor. I am pleased that his feathers are growing back in.
He was on top of his cage the other day and flapped his wings, scared me but I think it scared him. I don't think he knew he had wings! Its hysterical watching him slide down the side of his cage to get a better look at his world, the head tilts and the expression on his face.

He now says Paaaco, whew, Paco is pretty boy, meows, barks, and mumbles in someone else's voice that I can't quite understand. Oh and he hoots like an owl.