• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Happy Birthday, Steve!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Way back in '96, when I was still but a wee bitty, I saw a show called Crocodile Hunter for the first time. I can't exactly remember the moment, since I was only three, but my mother tells me I was enraptured from the first. Crocodile Hunter became my favourite show, and I watched it religiously from that day straight through until the very last episode in 2004. I was obsessed.

I'd always liked animals, but Steve and Terri instilled in me a fire, a blistering inferno of passionate dedication to the welfare of all animals, domesticated and wild, meek and ferocious, big and small. To this day, I credit Steve for making me who I am today: a tempest of an animal advocate, building the road toward a career in veterinary care and fighting all the way.

I miss you, Steve. Though I never had the chance to meet you face-to-face, you were my dear friend. Your light shines on in Bindi and Robert, and your legacy will never die.

Happy birthday. :heart:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
He will always be missed. Blessings to his family and fans!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I agree, I have missed him for a long time. I also never met him but he was one of those rare people that you feel like you actually met even though you hadn't met him. He was real. He was amazing, and his family is continuing his beautiful legacy. I watched his show Crocodile Hunter when I was a kid literally every time it was on. Besides my family already being huge animal lovers and loving what he did for conservation it just made us love animals and conservation even more. Now that I am older, I see how big of an impact he had on me and so many others. His children Bindi and Robert are amazing and are literally walking in his footsteps, I am so proud of them! Have you seen the show, Crickey, It's the Irwins on animal planet? this was unintentionally long, opps lol!