• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Happy 2nd Adoption Day Princess Mitch!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
From the second I saw your scared little face staring out at me on the SPCA adoption website, I was hooked..I really was not planning on getting another bird, but something about that scared face kept me going back to the website day after day...Finally on the Friday, I called them and you were still there. The next day we went to get you, hoping upon hope that no one had adopted you already. YOu were there, terrified and alone in a huge macaw cage, in between dogs & cats and above the rabbits & guinea pigs...We filled out the papers to adopt & brought you home in a box..It was evident the cage was way too small so we rushed out and with my last few dollars bought a bigger cage..(still way too small)..You were absolutely terrified ..flicking your head and pacing back & forth...You ate like crazy..after the third day you calmed down somewhat & actually came out of the cage to the top..A week later you laid an egg & we were terrified of egg binding...fortunately, we had false eggs on hand and subbed them..you laid three eggs and seemed fine.
You made new strides daily...coming out of the cage...you then flew around the room for the first time...then a fabulous new huge cage arrived courtesy of California Gail & The Girls...It is big and luxurious and you took to it immediately...The day the terror went out of your eyes I cried from joy...Your head flicking stopped and the pacing stopped...You even stepped up for me a couple of times...The SPCA had told us that someone called in anonymously & said they had thrown you out into the cold..I will never know if that is true or not but thank goodness someone found you and turned you in. The day you allowed scritches, I wept...You have a fully grown in crest now..and you are a brat...You are everywhere, all over the kitchen, dining room & living room..and where ever I go, you go...For some reason, you love me..you have chosen me as the person who you love the most..and I tell you I love you with all my heart & soul Princess Mitch, my scritch monster..WE love being entertained by you taking a bath on the kitchen table while we are eating..& you have a boyfriend, Lord Maxwell..who you have made very happy. You are a hefty 132 grams of cargo plane tiel and I will never regret driving over to the SPCA that day...The angels led me to you..so Happy Second Adoption Day my beauty You are home forever now.http://

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Happy Adoption Day! I hope that it is a great day!

Matt

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
She was lucky you found her! :heart:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Happy adoption day :dancing::dance4::dance5::laughing12:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
It was a Happy Day for all!!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Very nice story, Anne - Happy Second Adoption Day Princess Mitch! Can't get any better than a loving home and being with Lord Maxwell!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Happy Adoption Day!!!

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Happy 2nd Adoption day Princess Mitch. Thanks again Anne, for bringing tears to my eyes. You write your stories with such love and heartfelt emotion, I can actually 'see' what you were writing about.

Ain't tiel love grand?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
From the look of the two of you :heart::heart: in that photo Anne you both wanted someone (or each other) to scritch you. I cannot, and never will :mad:, understand the mentality of just tossing a pet out but I'm happy that you found Princess Mitch and that she found you.:hug8::hug8::hug8::dance5:

Status
Not open for further replies.