• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Had a big scare today! Please read if you have dogs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I don't know if that dosage was just for my dog's weight or if that's just a standard dose. Maybe someone else knows. I'll do some research ;)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Well that was easy to find!

How to Induce Vomiting (Emesis) in Dogs

The appropriate dose of hydrogen peroxide is one teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight. If you have an oral syringe, one teaspoon equals 5 cc or 5 ml. Once given, walk your dog around or gently shake the stomach area to mix the peroxide with the stomach contents. Vomiting should occur within 15 to 20 minutes. If no vomiting occurs, you can safely repeat the three percent hydrogen peroxide once. If it is still not effective, your dog may need to be seen by a veterinarian for stronger vomiting medication.

Once the hydrogen peroxide is given, it is important to watch your pet so that he does not re-ingest the substance. If there is concern about toxicity, collect and take a sample of the vomitus to your veterinarian.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Yeah I was so scared we were going to lose him last night. He already has chronic pancreatitis so anything involving his stomach is scary.

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Thanks for the link Heather. Glad your pup is ok.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. I am so glad your dog is alright now. :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
OMG how scary. Glad your doggy is ok. Tony's dog Kiki got into my brand new Eclipse gum pack of 12 and ate the whole thing. I don't know if it was sugarless or not but she was fine. I couldn't believe she had used her nails to break open the pieces of aluminum that hold the gum in the container. Now that I know this I will be extra careful around her with my gum. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.