• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

guess what I got!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I read that rehomed birds do better if they ARE renamed so I hope that helps you in your decision.
Some do; some don't. It depends on the type of bird, the age, the associations with the former home, and whether or not s/he identifies strongly with the name. Large parrots sometimes do identify strongly with a name, much like a small child would.

My B&G (a DNA female) came to me at age 5 named "Elvis." And she not only knows it--she loves her name and says it all the time. She would not let me change it, as much as I wanted to. If I had insisted on changing her name, it would have created confusion and unhappiness. So, she is still "Elvis" with a slight change to "Elvissa" sometimes just for fun. :)

Whatever the situation with the name, congrats on the B&G, Tiffany! You will love having one. :hug8:

pinkparrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tiffany
Thanks everyone for the kind replies.The name Fergie is starting to grow on me a little. However, Here's some of the names I was thinking of. Also I should add that where not 100% sure shes female, but her breeder said she most likely was.

Teal
Tsunami
jasmine
Alice
Sahara
iris
Inca
Maya
Calypso
Topaz
saphira- means Sapphire
Rain- so I would have sunni and rain

Last edited:

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I like Rain. :) Although, Fergie is a cute one as well.

pinkparrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tiffany
Shes home! She seems to be settling in well, shes been talking and playing with toys. She has a little problem sometimes stepping up but, I think its just because I'm new and everything else is new too.
Its was really hard picking her up from her family. There was some tears shed, I felt like I was taking their baby :sad7:

I will post some pics of her tomorrow when the lighting is better!

p.s We still haven't decided on her name yet

Status
Not open for further replies.