• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greyhound rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenni77

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jenni
I have been a part of greyhound rescue since 2001. Sadly on Monday my Smiley girls sister grey had to be put down due to bone riddling cancer in her shoulder. It hits so hard and fast. Greyhounds are subject to lymphoma and osteosarcoma. She was one of my foster dogs, and just a sweet soul. My Smiley and her came in on the same dog drop. They were very shy, small timid girls who eventually came out of their shell and have been amazing girls. You couldn't ask for better dogs! I also tracked down where one of their brothers was racing and got him all the way up here from FL when he retired. My close friends just 2 miles away have him! Their sister will live on in the 2 of them. It's so heart breaking. Every foster you have has a special place in your heart. Especially her since she was also a littermate to my girl. Fly free Kelli, you are whole again and no longer in pain. I know you will be waiting at the bridge for all who have ever loved you.

Kelli Mackey-Wesley Feb. 14 2000-July 5 2010

Attachments

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
so sorry jenn,they move in and take a part of us with them...:hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry for your loss.

Matt

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jenn, so very sorry for your loss. It is so heartbreaking when we lose these special friends. Kelli was absolutely beautiful!
Run the green fields and drink from the cool streams, sweet Kelli.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I am sorry for the pain you have but happy he was loved and is now free from that pain.

:hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry :hug8:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I am so sorry for your loss :(

Run free sweet Kelli

:hug8:

Jenni77

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jenni
I will send all your condolences to Kelli's momma. I know it's a hard time for her and her family. Thank you all.:hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I have been a part of greyhound rescue since 2001. Sadly on Monday my Smiley girls sister grey had to be put down due to bone riddling cancer in her shoulder. It hits so hard and fast. Greyhounds are subject to lymphoma and osteosarcoma. She was one of my foster dogs, and just a sweet soul. My Smiley and her came in on the same dog drop. They were very shy, small timid girls who eventually came out of their shell and have been amazing girls. You couldn't ask for better dogs! I also tracked down where one of their brothers was racing and got him all the way up here from FL when he retired. My close friends just 2 miles away have him! Their sister will live on in the 2 of them. It's so heart breaking. Every foster you have has a special place in your heart. Especially her since she was also a littermate to my girl. Fly free Kelli, you are whole again and no longer in pain. I know you will be waiting at the bridge for all who have ever loved you.

Kelli Mackey-Wesley Feb. 14 2000-July 5 2010
I'm so sorry. My friend just lost her retired rescue greyhound a few weeks ago. It's so hard.

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
She was very beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.