• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greetings!

Alioop

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Alicia
Hi Everyone,

I just found this forum today and I'm hoping that I can find good tips and the occasional sound advice from more experienced 'birders.' I own a petite CAG. Her name is Mo, named as such to make it easier for my Hispanic relatives to say and because we assumed Mo was a 'he.' We were very surprised when DNA sexing proved otherwise, so now I just say Mo is short for Maureen or Monique or whatever other female name we can come up with that starts with the sound Mo! LOL
While I have had Ms. Mo for about nine years now, I freely (and shamefully) admit that I am still a complete novice when it comes to Avians. We got her at my husbands continual urging, because his BFF had one and he thought it was a cool bird. Little did I know just how much responsibility I would have as the default primary care giver, and how much I could love this little winged being. Because Ms. Mo is currently having a problem, I will address it in the species specific forum.
Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your group!

Ali

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Welcome, pics please..and there are many people who will be able to help!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Matt

newatthistx

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Michele
:hello:.......Welcome to the Avenue......Sorry to Mo is having a problem, there are many Too people here on the forum I'm sure will be able to help you...

RJ Noodle

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
:AArocks: Welcome and Mo is beautiful! Lots of Grays here!

Kay_belle_12

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Welcome to AA!

MommieBird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Beth
Hello, Welcome to our community. Lots of nice helpful people and become great friends and support system.
Don't feel bad about learning new things needed for your fid... I have learned a lot since joining. I havent always been the best birdie parent as well. My husband had two birds when we got married and his parents have a African Grey. They didn't raise their birds up the correct way either and My husband still needs to be convinced. I'm working on him everyday.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

BindiWW