• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Green Cheek Conure new baby

Toni+Kaya

Moving in
Real Name
Antoniya
Hi everyone, we are totally new to this blog and to parrot parenting... So we adopted a 3 months old GCC and we been having a blast, she is a loving girl that we named Kaya. I changed her diet and not sure what to think of her tiny poops... can someone tell me please if that little poo on the picture I m going to upload is normal? I put a seed right next to it so it shows how little it is..
Thank you!:hug8:

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on getting your GCC and welcome to AA. If you have changed her diet then change in her droppings can occur. What are you feeding her?

Toni+Kaya

Moving in
Real Name
Antoniya
Hi, thank you! She came home with a small baggie of food just enough to last us couple of days so we got her Extreme trail mix and Tropical snack.. I been trying to get the name of her food that she was feed before.. Its just such a small poo I don't know if she is eating enough..

Featheredfuffs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pearl
Hi, thank you! She came home with a small baggie of food just enough to last us couple of days so we got her Extreme trail mix and Tropical snack.. I been trying to get the name of her food that she was feed before.. Its just such a small poo I don't know if she is eating enough..
Did you change the food gradually, or all at once? If all at once, it's probably why she's eating less, as she's more unsure of the new food.

Toni+Kaya

Moving in
Real Name
Antoniya
If you call gradually two days :( I just had very little bit from the breeder... Thank you for your answers! She's been eating a lot only before bed time and not that much during the day unless I feed her..

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:welcome:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
IF you can, put your baby back on his original food and try your little one on anything he/she will eat. It is a very small poop compared to the oat (?) seed. What were her poops like before her diet was changed?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:hello:
:welave:

Chris1234

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chris
How exciting! Congrats on your new baby!! Yikes, the breeder should've set you up with more than just two days food. :unsure1: Was it a pellet or a seed mix? Maybe you could post a pic? Ideally you'd want enough of it to mix with your new food over the next few weeks. I personally don't switch foods too fast since they're already dealing with the stress of a new environment, new people etc. I agree with SandraK, try feeding what she seems to like most for now. And offer lots of different stuff by hand just so you know for sure she's eating.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Toni+Kaya

Moving in
Real Name
Antoniya
Thank you everyone for the help, I contacted the breeder but she told me she custom blends her mix, Kaya is eating more I think or just making mess.. o_O The food the breeder gave me had absolutely everything I can think of... seeds, dry fruits and a lot of little things I never seen before and she loved it. Is it normal for GCC to want to be on your head all the time? Today I had to cut my moms hair because she got seriously tangled:o: ...

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Try to avoid having them on your head if possible... their claws can become razor sharp and it hurts when they land from a distance. Keep them on your hands for now, avoiding shoulders untill they are more accustomed to what is acceptable behavior, especially while they are young! :)

Toni+Kaya

Moving in
Real Name
Antoniya
Thank you @Lodah ! She gets really excited and chases me around the room :heart: always wants to be on my head:cautious: and most of the time she Ill let her so she can be calm...

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Welcome!
Is it always that size?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you @Lodah ! She gets really excited and chases me around the room :heart: always wants to be on my head:cautious: and most of the time she Ill let her so she can be calm...
Just a suggestion since I have gccs - try giving her a bribe (maybe a sunflower seed) when you take her off your head and put her on your shoulder. Both the gccs and Quakers will start by trying to land on my head but do end up on my shoulders or on the back or arms of the sofa/loveseat. Or even hold a favourite treat in your hand that she can see and will go to. Praise her HUGELY for moving off your head - they aren't stupid and do understand and catch on pretty quickly.

I'd also suggest calling the breeder and asking for a listing of what she puts in her special mix and tell her why - that you're afraid that Kaya isn't eating enough because you couldn't slowly change her diet.