• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Green cheek colors!

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I would like to see details of everyones greenies! I want to compare how different each individual is. I think it would be fun.

So here's my Neelix. He has quite a bit of blue compared to other greenies I've seen. His vent is all blue as well.

solo

Real Name
jess
I will post pictures of Marley when I get home on my computer

Aequa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Caity
I don't have decent pictures with me (take them when I'm back with Yosh!) but Yoshi is split to yellow side and has more red and yellow than most conures, and he doesn't have different colours here and there, his colour changes are rather definite! He has less black and more blue on his wings than your little guy :heart:

Lockwood

Strolling the yard
:geek: Ooooh, can't wait to see everyone's pics of greenies. The more I learn about greenies the more I'm intrigued by the different colors.

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Whoa, sorry. I thought this was a new thread and when I saw Anne's post I almost fell out of my chair!

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
IMG_0258.JPG IMG_0264.JPG View attachment 181213 View attachment 181213 Not great pictures as they normally move when I try to take a pictures. One is a cinnamon greencheeck and the other is a restricta split to yellowsided greencheek. The restricta has more blue and a blacker head with scalloping on neck. He also has yellow, orange, and red feathers under his wing.

Einstein'sMommy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Monica

ShannonLB

Strolling the yard
Did I miss something? Did something happen to Anne and gang? Feel free to inbox me..

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Orly my 6.5 yr old yellow sided GCC!!

IMG_3728.2014-06-21_212129.jpg

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Great thread!
My two: One is a yellow sided ( cute red above beak) and Other is a Normal. One is boy( yellow sided) and other girl ( normal). Wonder what color babies they would make?

Assuming there are no splits, you can expect 100% normal green male offspring split to opaline (yellowside) and 100% opaline girls.

Gorgeous greenies, and I too love the variety of colors they come in, even on the normals!

safehaven

Sprinting down the street
Thanks Monica! If my female is 16 months old and my male is about 4 months old, when do you think they would mate? I want to prepare myself. This would be a whole new experience for me.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Please be aware that if they become breeders you could lose them as pets/companions.

As far as to when they could breed...... well, any time within the next few months! Ideally though, the female should be around 2 years old at least and male around 18 months old. Birds are typically better parents if they are allowed to mature both physically as well as mentally, although first time parents aren't always the best parents, regardless of age.

Kiwicoated

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Robin

I don't have any pictures of her flying feathers as she's clipped and it's hard to get her to open up just for a photo, but they're blue on top and under her wings is a sort of lavender color that I so wish I could share.