• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grapes safe for birds?

Haydenb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hayden Barr
Hi, I keep hearing a lot of conflicting info on wether grapes are safe for birds. Is it completely safe, safe if the seeds and/or skin is removed or completely unsafe? I have a green cheek conure in case breed is a determining factor

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
They are safe; I would not offer the seed. They are just not very nutritious as they are sugary and not a lot of fiber. So would be a treat only. Remember that a grape is the size of their head so "only one" is a lot ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Definitely safe, you can leave the skin on if you like.

Burt gets a grape as a treat every now and then- they’ve got a lot of sugar and not much of anything else so I prefer to offer blueberries which Burt also loves.

Haydenb

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hayden Barr
They are safe; I would not offer the seed. They are just not very nutritious as they are sugary and not a lot of fiber. So would be a treat only. Remember that a grape is the size of their head so "only one" is a lot ;)
Oh nice, so I'll basically treat it in the same way as I would with bananas or some other sugary fruit :)

Lucas2019

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maria
Hi, I keep hearing a lot of conflicting info on wether grapes are safe for birds. Is it completely safe, safe if the seeds and/or skin is removed or completely unsafe? I have a green cheek conure in case breed is a determining factor
I heard that too is safe for birds but not for dogs as far as I know