• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Grandma thinks I’m handsome

Karnkate

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
@faislaq @Gen120
If you read my thread about my driving experience in Around the Neighborhood, you already knew it that I snuck a new parrotlet into the house. He went nameless for 2 days straight. Since we were about to say “Happy New Year” soon, I suggested that his name should be Happy. Grandma objected. Happy was the name of my first dog. There would be too many “Dead Animal Jr.”s in the household. Because of his striking coloration, grandma thinks that he is very handsome....
So... his name is Sudlhor (สุดหล่อ)
A1CAF739-8D6A-43A2-A1B3-7A4740083167.jpeg
86E480A0-F691-45B0-8379-02484A8BB619.jpeg
4F1B27E0-B392-43B8-A950-D3892DBBD0B3.jpeg
6C4B7E2B-FC9F-4093-9A70-2BC63D654402.jpeg
5E18EC0B-F417-4C3E-A568-5139B59302EF.jpeg
His color mutation is called a heavy green pied.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Sudlhor, darling, everyone thinks you're handsome. :yes1:
He is a cool looking bird.
I was thinking the same thing. He is such a cool color! :wideyed:

@Karnkate I think you know your family well enough that if you'd have shown them a pic of that sweetie that you wouldn't have had to sneak at all. In fact, Grandma might have gone along! :hehe: I'm glad you had a safe trip and that Sudlhor has a name and a loving home. :pinksmile:

Sylvester

Hit the Road
[
@Karnkate I think you know your family well enough that if you'd have shown them a pic of that sweetie that you wouldn't have had to sneak at all. In fact, Grandma might have gone along! :hehe: I'm glad you had a safe trip and that Sudlhor has a name and a loving home. :pinksmile:
[/QUOTE]

She could have done what I did when I sneaked a mother cat up to my bedroom to feed her. "Look what followed me home, mom." My mother couldn't understand why the old mother kitty stuck around since 'nobody was feeding her.'

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sudlhor, darling, everyone thinks you're handsome. :yes1:
I was thinking the same thing. He is such a cool color! :wideyed:

Grandma is that type of the person you would find on 9Gag. “No more birds!” Cue a photo of her and the new bird :rofl:. My parents are a different matter however, hence the sneaking. Strangely, they were more upset about the fact that “I did something and didn’t tell them” rather than “I sneaked a pet into the house”.....

Interestingly, some phones such as the Galaxy Notes will make his color even brighter than what he is in real life too!

Last edited:

CheckeredTail

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tsushi
Wow, he's so beautiful! I hope you share pictures of him when he's grown up a little more to see his adult look too!

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
CE8619AC-3790-40F0-8FFA-7F92CD7CB8F5.jpeg
Right now he is able to flap his wings and hop a little but cannot fly yet because the feathers aren’t fully grown. Now when he’s hungry he’ll wait for me in this position instead of doing the “baby bird dinosaur scream” to beg for formulas. Parrotlets seem to like their own kind a lot. I got no problem introducing Sudlhor to the two at all.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Yeah but you have nice guys, they even let the budgies tap them on the head :wideyed:... Would be something completely different with mine I think.. :confused:
More like “American football tackle” them than tap them... Right now the p’lets don’t wanna do anything near the budgies because they are too rough, hyperactive, and clueless about their actions. Yeah...they thought the p’lets will enjoy their “game” and ram them back somehow... So now both Taohu and Mommam are greeted with attack stance instead. Luckily, they are smart enough to know what that is and back off...for a while.

Last edited:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
More like “American football tackle” them than tap them... Right now the p’lets don’t wanna do anything near the budgies because they are too rough, hyperactive, and clueless about their actions. Yeah...they thought the p’lets will enjoy their “game” and ram them back somehow... So now both Taohu and Mommam are greeted with attack stance instead. Luckily, they are smart enough to know what that is and back off...for a while.
I'm impressed. I have coward budgies :scared5: (with good reasons though) and a bad p'let boy.. :rpg6:

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
He is just so cute. I love the last picture in your first post, he looks so innocent!!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:xflove: Oh my goodness, just look at that face! :heart: :heart: :heart: