• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Gouldian Finch with Lump

Chickie01

Moving in
Real Name
Sara
I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I am new here and really need help. I've successfully kept 2 pairs of gouldian finches in a flight cage for 3 years with no problems. Until about a month ago I found a lump on 1 females face near beak. I separated males and females now. I am not a breeder, these are my pets. Some others have said possible scaly face mites, but I have treated with ivermectin pour on 2 times with no improvement. All other birds look pristine. They do not have access to outdoors. Now she is balding and FAST! Could this be a tumor/cancer? I also just brushed her skin and beak and put a sample under my microscope, and I do NOT see mites. Photos are of the first day I found this issue and then updated photo from yesterday. Any help much appreciated. Screenshot_20240119_141125_Gallery.jpg
Taken yesterday

Screenshot_20240113_083651_Gallery.jpg
Last week

Screenshot_20240101_084328_Gallery.jpg
When first discovered 2 weeks ago.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It can be a Papillomas. A wart thst birds can get in beaks and feet typically, not uncommon in finches.
But I can't be sure , as the first pic seems to have a injury by it , that improving some in other pictures, so it could be an infection.