• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye my big dog Zeus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am so sorry for the loss of your Zeus. Zeus and your new puppy made the cutest pair of doggie friends. May he run free :hug8::hug8:

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I am so sorry for your loss and for Tinker too! I am so glad that Tinker brought him so much joy in his last days. I think you can be happy about that gift that you have to him. He was absolutely beautiful!

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
So sorry for the loss of your beloved Zues. :hug8:

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
So sorry about Zeus :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm very sorry for your loss.

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Thank you all !! He went far too young, he would have been 10 on feb 5th. We should be getting his ashes back today.

Tinker was SO in love with him!! I have never been a small dog person but she won me over and Zeus too!!

Attachments

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Knowing how heartbroken Tinker was going to be, we got this little turkey from the shelter two days before Thanksgiving.
He is a totally laid back little dude. He is about a year old, we have NO idea what he is, Husky, Daschund, Shepard, Basset??? He was perfectly behaved with Zeus polite, sweet, respectful!! It was obvious that he was abused by a man, the first few days when my husband would reach for him he would shy away, hide and tremble in fear. He was found as a stray and nobody ever came looking for him :( For the life of me I can't imagine why?? He is well mannered, walks great on a leash, he is a wonderful little guy!! We took Tinker and a bag full of toys to meet him, they hit it off instantly!!
Having these two has made losing Zeus a tiny bit easier.

Attachments

ThatDarnBird

Knowing how heartbroken Tinker was going to be, we got this little turkey from the shelter two days before Thanksgiving.
He is a totally laid back little dude. He is about a year old, we have NO idea what he is, Husky, Daschund, Shepard, Basset??? He was perfectly behaved with Zeus polite, sweet, respectful!! It was obvious that he was abused by a man, the first few days when my husband would reach for him he would shy away, hide and tremble in fear. He was found as a stray and nobody ever came looking for him :( For the life of me I can't imagine why?? He is well mannered, walks great on a leash, he is a wonderful little guy!! We took Tinker and a bag full of toys to meet him, they hit it off instantly!!
Having these two has made losing Zeus a tiny bit easier.
You are a wonderful person. The love you have for your pets just shines through in your posts.:heart: Your newest little dude is as cute as can be.:heart:

copswife30

Real Name
Kathy
:hug8::hug8:There are never any words that will bring you comfort at this time in your life. It is so hard to see your beloved babies suffer but yet you do not want to turn them loose. I have been where you are right now, we lost our beloved princess Rotti to cancer a couple of years ago and we still miss her so much, you will be in my thoughts and prayers
armsofangel-animal.jpg

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like his last couple months were happy ones though, with his loving family and little friend. I'm glad to see Tinker already has a new friend, it can be very hard on them too. It's hard enough to deal with our own pain, let alone watch them suffer.

I lost Pete to bone cancer, osteosarcoma, too. His and Zeus' stories sound so much the same. :(
It seems silly to say, since it's a disease and not capable of it, but it feels so evil. Pete was only 5.

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
I am very sorry for your loss.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Melissa, I am so sorry for your loss. :( What a beautiful picture. :hug8:

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I'm so sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
My Heart Goes out to you and your family!
We had to have our Irish Setter put to sleep the week before her 12th b-day just a couple of months ago.
We are still recovering but as time goes by it will get easier.
Your love for Zeus was so evident and he obviously had a happy home and went to the rainbow bridge with
a happy doggie smile on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.