• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye Blue Betta

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My betta fish "Blue Betta" passed away probably last night I just found him quietly laying on his favorite little leaf perch that I got for his bowl. When I went to feed him he wouldn't move. I knew that this was coming since he has been having trouble swimming for a bit now but he kept hanging on. He was 5 years old. I feel bad that I don't even have pictures of him anymore the cell phone that had a few pictures fell into a dog bowl of water.
He was a good fish. I hope he is good and happy now swimming happily and free. Even though he was a fish I loved the joy he brought me and what a beauty he was. Even though he would start fanning the moment he noticed me staring at him too long....

I know this might sound silly to some of you since he was "just a fish" but I did love him. He will be missed.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Not silly at all :) I've had many fish over the years that I I have been very distraught about losing. They do each have their own personalities and quirks :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8::hug8:I can understand since I have had bettas and gotten attached to them. They have the most personality out of all the fish that I have had and you form a bond with them. I'm sorry for your loss.

sodakat

Real Name
Kathy
Five years is a long time for a betta! You must have given him excellent care. I don't think they ever live more than six years and the average is probably about 2 years, so GOOD JOB. Sorry for your sadness at his loss. Was he in a filtered tank? I am truly impressed! (my husband is a big fish keeper so I'm curious, plus we raised bettas for a while).

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
swim free little one, swim free, so sorry for your loss..:hug8:

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Five years is a long time for a betta! You must have given him excellent care. I don't think they ever live more than six years and the average is probably about 2 years, so GOOD JOB. Sorry for your sadness at his loss. Was he in a filtered tank? I am truly impressed! (my husband is a big fish keeper so I'm curious, plus we raised bettas for a while).
Thanks and he actually did not live in a filtered tank I tried putting him in a a 10 gallon tank with a fluval filter but he kept having a hard time swimming, even if I had the rate going on low, one time I found him stuck on the end of suction tip! So i moved him to a large glass bowl I bought online just changed his water regularly put in conditioner drops and fed him tetra betta plus and some occasional bloodworms,had a little cave in his bowl for him to hide in. So I really did not do anything really too special. (I did talk with him once in a while lol) These last few months he just mostly chilled on his fake little leaf that is suctioned to the side of the bowl.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm sorry for your loss. Whether finned, furred, or feathered, the loss of a companion hurts deeply. Swim Free, B.B....

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:hug8:
I am so sorry for your loss!
Swim free, Blue Betta.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm sorry for your loss. All living things are precious.

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
I am sorry to hear of your loss! When we care for and love a creature it is hard losing them.

brilywi

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Bri
:hug8: Sorry for your loss! Bettas all turn out to be very special fish, considering their conditions when you buy them, they almost always end up with an upgrade, and their personalities seem to shine through a lot better than other fish

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am very sorry for your loss.:sadhug: It tears me up to lose a fish. I understand completely. Rip Blue betta.

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
I am so sorry for your loss:sadhug2: I've got a betta too and I love him very much

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I'm very sorry for your loss :(
My ghost knife passed away yesterday too, so I know what you mean. Something about fish passing causes me more guilt than other animals.
I hope you're okay, a betta is lucky they found an owner who actually cared

Status
Not open for further replies.