• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

good vet visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cynthia
Good News and bad news,
Giz has gained weight he is all the way up to 505 g, from 487g I think was the last weight. That is great considering he fasted before getting tests done. I believe he would be around 650-700g normally. that is how big a bird he is. They did Clamydia, polyoma, and herpes plus zinc if they can do it with this sample-may have to get another blood draw in a week and a half, xrays also.
Xrays showed he has a large spleen and of course kidneys but we already expected that. bones look great. we think heart looks good but spleen is kinda in way so we are doing what we can. large spleen indicates infection or trauma as in severe stress (which can't just happen because he hates the vet. lol) He is very calm at home and likes the kids so she really thinks infection. This points back to Chlamydia psittaci and polyoma but since he is gaining weight I am hoping chlamydia.
She kept saying what a fantastic bird he was and how sweet he is. She really liked him. He is still skinny but we are working on that :rolleyes:. He will continue the antibiotics till they are gone for a couple days then we will see what he needs to be on. I will continue the aloe detox for this week then stop for a month to give his body a rest. I pray they can do the zinc test with this blood sample due to the cost factor of going in and getting blood drawn again. yikes.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
am glad that it is something at least treatable and will continue to send prayers and healing energies his way

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for the report I hope things get better soon and he gains weight

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I hope all goes well, he sounds like such a great bird :heart:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news about the weight gain :) He sounds like such a great boy!

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Good news about him gaining weight! I hope they'll have a full diagnosis soon and he'll be on the road to full recovery quickly!
:hug8:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Ah I missed this since his name isn't in the title!

Good news about the weight gain...he sounds so wonderful. I'll keep hoping that he continues to improve :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That is awesome that he has gained weight. Sounds like he is on the road to recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.