• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Good to be Back Home

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thanks. Yes, it was nice to visit but better to be home :) my husband thinks I'm nuts for feeling that way.
And that's why I have a nest cam and people to come in..... and hubby feels the same as yours..... but someday the Hubby's will fall in love with the feathers

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
It's so hard to leave them! I haven't gone anywhere since I've had my current 4. In 8 years I only left Pogo for 2 weekends and a 2 week trip; only 1 weekend was boarded, the other times he stayed home.
Yikes!!!!

Time to VACATION!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
The lady who boarded Dobby wanted a bit of his normal food and a favorite toy to hang in his rental cage if we weren't bringing his cage which she knew would help him feel more at home. So good boarders should ask for things like that and if not but they seem otherwise decent either bring his house or bring his favorite toy and food.
When we walked out after getting Dobby in his new house he realized we had left and started Kack KACK Kacking so I said OK, I have to go back in and comfort him. He jumped on my finger through the bars and I told him we weren't going to leave him forever and we'd be back. He calmed down after a bit and I was worried but she said through chat he came out the next morning, jumped on her then right off to the big atom on the ceiling and hung out and surveyed his situation then realized he had all kinds of friends and toys to play with and started exploring the area.
I hope Leto got to do similar and he certainly was happy to see us even though he had a great time, he even almost cuddled up to me and I'm not his chosen one:xflove:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
I hope your trip was for fun and not work. Its great to be home, isn't it?

It it's definitely a huge relief to have somebody take care of Leto that is bird savvy and likes birds.

Thanks for saying Leto is crazy for me! It made my day:swoon: I couldn't love home more.

Yes. I was noticing that this is true. Why have them if you can't spoil them :loveshower:
I definitely believe that if you are going to keep an animal in captivity, give it a good life, physically and mentally. Probably most believe this, or so I hope, but some are not knowledgeable or do not have the means.

Hard to leave one's pets for a bit to travel but for me travel refreshes me which leads to being a better owner. But I miss them terribly and am so happy to see them. Their joy when I return makes me feel a little guilty, but mostly loved by them.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
And that's why I have a nest cam and people to come in..... and hubby feels the same as yours..... but someday the Hubby's will fall in love with the feathers
Lol. Good grief they are ninnies those husbands.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The lady who boarded Dobby wanted a bit of his normal food and a favorite toy to hang in his rental cage if we weren't bringing his cage which she knew would help him feel more at home. So good boarders should ask for things like that and if not but they seem otherwise decent either bring his house or bring his favorite toy and food.
When we walked out after getting Dobby in his new house he realized we had left and started Kack KACK Kacking so I said OK, I have to go back in and comfort him. He jumped on my finger through the bars and I told him we weren't going to leave him forever and we'd be back. He calmed down after a bit and I was worried but she said through chat he came out the next morning, jumped on her then right off to the big atom on the ceiling and hung out and surveyed his situation then realized he had all kinds of friends and toys to play with and started exploring the area.
I hope Leto got to do similar and he certainly was happy to see us even though he had a great time, he even almost cuddled up to me and I'm not his chosen one:xflove:
Yes. It was similar for Leto. He said at the boarders in his sleep cage, so he was familiar with it plus i put lots of his toys in there. But he didn't want physical interaction with the boarders but like to make noises with them.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I definitely believe that if you are going to keep an animal in captivity, give it a good life, physically and mentally. Probably most believe this, or so I hope, but some are not knowledgeable or do not have the means.
Hard to leave one's pets for a bit to travel but for me travel refreshes me which leads to being a better owner. But I miss them terribly and am so happy to see them. Their joy when I return makes me feel a little guilty, but mostly loved by them.
Yes! Very well said! :laughing12: