• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good breeders in Ohio?

Mermaid Varshana

Moving in
Real Name
Nixie
Hi all,

Is anyone familiar with small-to-medium fid breeders in Ohio (preferably in the north)? Who has the best reputation for producing the most well-adjusted birds? Also, has anyone ever heard of Birdie Boardwalk and the type of reputation she has? Thank you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have gone to a couple of the bird expos in PA and met some nice breeders there. They also do expos in Ohio and have a list of breeders on their webpage. You can maybe check with some of them: Exotic Bird Fair Expo- Home

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I also have looked at that budgie breeder's site and am considering getting a budgie from there (just wish they also bred American budgies). Never met them in person but I have heard a lot of good things about them, and there are not all that many budgie breeders that selectively breed for health and temperament - for me, they are the closest.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
What do people here think of In A Pickle Pet Shop / Aviary? It's located in Broadview Heights. They do larger birds too, but they also have tons of cockatiels in just about any mutation you could think of. Everytime I've seen their tiels at shows and their shop they're super friendly. Apparently they wean their tiels on pellets.

I don't see many reviews about them, so I was wondering if anyone knew if they were good or bad.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I LOVE THEM!!! They are friendly, devoted, knowledgable, and every time I go in there all of their babies are being patiently weaned (and already sold) waiting to go home to their families, whom I'm told visit their new family members frequently. They also have many items in stock with many varieties and sizes to choose from and that includes perches, toys, and foods. A ZILLION STARS!!!

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
And every time I visit there are always people coming back in with their fids for trimming. The atmosphere is friendly, at ease, and the family owned business is extremely devoted to their birds. My only complaint is I don't live close enough.

FidFlock

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nikki
The Bird Loft in Amherst is nice, and so is Parrotville in Brunswick.

I am familiar with many, since I talked to many of them while hunting a Blue Crown. I can tell you quite a bit about a lot of breeders in Ohio, so if you have questions about specific ones, let me know! I've talked to pretty much all of them in depth, and I can show you copies of our e-mail transcripts.

Let me know which one you'd like to hear about! :)