• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Goffin C2 preen gland

Heather773

Moving in
Real Name
Heather Bowling
I have an estimated 6-7 yr old GC2 when I got her she was totally naked with good bill of health just had become a plucker in previous home prior to being rescued. I boosted her diet over the past year and she’s become fluffy- (down feathers foaled well) she eats well- is at a good weight- but her preen gland has always looked off- until last few days seemed good color ect… but enlarged slightly- however the past week it’s turned dark and has a ulcer it looks like on one side- not bleeding but has a scab and the other side looks really dark- I’m concerned- it hasn’t really effected her behavior in anyway or appetite she’s onery as ever stubborn and hilarious. I’m hoping to find a local avairy vet but I believe the best are 2.5 hrs away anyone give me any ideas.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
A picture would help. Low vitamin A can affect preen gland. But if get infection you would need to see a veterinarian and that sounds possible.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I'll agree we need a picture please.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Definitely need a pic but it does sound you need an avian vet appointment too.