• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cape Cod Bird Man

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Roger
Since we moved to Vermont, we have been trying new things... on that note, my wonderful wife says to me last week that she wanted to get a goat! Small dwarf/pygmy goats. Today we took a little trip and picked up 2 little goats. We made a small pen in the side yard -- we will be getting a larger one this week. They are very cute and a little sad I think because they were with a large herd of goats, sheep, alpaca and llamas -- oh, a few horses too

Attachments

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
You will LOVE goats! We have llamams with ours, and they do good, but they are fine with just other goats, too. I'm glad you didn't maker a newbie mistake that some people make - getting only one goat. They will go NUTS! We sold a little baby a few months ago and the people buying him said "oh no, he'll be fine by himself". We warned her, and sure enough they called the next day saying he had bloodied his head up trying to get out of the fence. Don't worry, he is fine now!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Since we moved to Vermont, we have been trying new things... on that note, my wonderful wife says to me last week that she wanted to get a goat! Small dwarf/pygmy goats. Today we took a little trip and picked up 2 little goats. We made a small pen in the side yard -- we will be getting a larger one this week. They are very cute and a little sad I think because they were with a large herd of goats, sheep, alpaca and llamas -- oh, a few horses too
Lucky!!!! I love goats, i got to do training at the zoo with some pygmies and I adored them. They are such intelligent and fun animals. I am so glad that you got two of them. They are very cute:heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are very cute!

Matt

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
How adorable, your photo has brought back many memories! Many years ago I worked as an excersier and outrider at a huge Foxhound stable. They had a herd of goats. One day one almost identical in color to your black and white suffered a broken leg. The tiny tyke was still nursing and so adorable. The vet onsite x-rayed and put a little cast on it. I brought him home. Named him "Goatly" bottle fed him, leash broke him and after his leg healed would walk him around our neighborhood. :hehe: until he started getting over our white picket fence and eating all the neighbors flowers :) Ah..back out to the farm he went.

Thanks for bringing back some forgotten memories :)

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
OMG soooo cute!!! I :heart: goats. My family used to have a few pygmies, but now I just have my two big boys, Opie and Tavi. They are total brats, but I love them:heart:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
African Pygmy babies - too sweet!!!!

Girlie Goat (our African Pygmy) says to tell them Hi! :)

pineview01

Very cute! What is the white one? It looks like a Saanen, We raise Pygmy goats. We have over 60 right now.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Adorable, congrats! I grew up with goats too, and we lived in the suburbs in NJ! I was the youngest, and could not partake, but my sisters were in 4H. We had a Nubian named Tiffany. We would walk her on a leash, and people would stop to ask what kind of dog she was...:lol:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww, how cute! :heart:

I wanna goat now.. one day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.