• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting my Chihuahua tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Yay, I'm picking him up tomorrow! Just got the phonecall.

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
I'm so glad you get to take him home.

And pics, of course.

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Thanks! I'll post lots of pics of course.

I bought an awesome dog bed which is so awesome it needs to have pics posted. It's shaped like a flower.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats! I want to see pics, too. :D

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations can't wait to see lots of pics..:highfive:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Matt

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congrats, looking forward to photos.

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Oh cool! Is it a puppy from a breeder? Or a dog from a rescue? Just curious. I'd love to know some details about the little guy (or girl). :)

myakando

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmen
Yay, I'm picking him up tomorrow! Just got the phonecall.
CONGRATS!!!! You are going to LOVE your new baby! I used to have two of them (the ex has them now) but you are going to lave loads and loads of fun with him/her. :excited2:

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Haley that's wonderful! I know that he will love his forever home and I bet by the end of the day you two will have forged a bond. I'm happy for you and him!

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Thanks!! He's from a rescue btw. ( www.loyalrescue.com )He's 10 years old. I'm renaming him Pepito (his name was formerly Baby) and he already answers to it...maybe because Pepi sounds like Baby? I dunno.

He's home and awesome!! I love him so much already. He's soo friendly and is always licking me or anyone. When he wants to be petted he'll raise his paw in the air, it's so cute!

Last night my dad forced Pepi to watch Rent with him (my dad is obsessed with that movie, I have no idea why, I hate it) and the chi fell asleep like halfway through. (I don't blame him) So I put him in his little flower bed and he slept there all night...but when my alarm went off at 7, he got up and sat on my beanbag chair thing (he's claimed it as his, as well as the back of the couch) and stared at me until I took him out and gave him breakfast.

My mom saw him too, she loves him, but she says he looks like David Spade, for some reason. Her dog doesn't like Pepito, but her dog hates everything. Petrie doesn't like him either, but he's interested in Petrie.

Today I took him to the beach, he ran around a bit and then he ate some ice cream. Right now he's sitting on the back of the couch, looking at Petrie, who's attacking his toy.

I took some pics and I'll upload them in a minute. :)

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
HUGE congrats! Your life will never be the same again without a chihuahua in it! :D They really are the best little dogs!

The back of the couch is a favorite for our chi's (who will also be ten this november!!) they especially love to sit on the back of the couch that is up against the window, they sit there and watch everything that is going on.

What is your guy like? They all have such different personalities. Puck is a little wimo, everything scares him lol. He loves to play, but not to rough or he'll leave, and he's REALLY grumpy now that he's older!:D

Poppie.. well, its like she never grew up! She still acts like she did when she was a pup. Never stops running and playing. She is ALWAYS in your face with a toy or biting (playfully) at your hands to rough play.

I REALLY want to hear more about your little guy!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thanks!! He's from a rescue btw. ( www.loyalrescue.com )He's 10 years old. I'm renaming him Pepito (his name was formerly Baby) and he already answers to it...maybe because Pepi sounds like Baby? I dunno.

He's home and awesome!! I love him so much already. He's soo friendly and is always licking me or anyone. When he wants to be petted he'll raise his paw in the air, it's so cute!

Last night my dad forced Pepi to watch Rent with him (my dad is obsessed with that movie, I have no idea why, I hate it) and the chi fell asleep like halfway through. (I don't blame him) So I put him in his little flower bed and he slept there all night...but when my alarm went off at 7, he got up and sat on my beanbag chair thing (he's claimed it as his, as well as the back of the couch) and stared at me until I took him out and gave him breakfast.

My mom saw him too, she loves him, but she says he looks like David Spade, for some reason. Her dog doesn't like Pepito, but her dog hates everything. Petrie doesn't like him either, but he's interested in Petrie.

Today I took him to the beach, he ran around a bit and then he ate some ice cream. Right now he's sitting on the back of the couch, looking at Petrie, who's attacking his toy.

I took some pics and I'll upload them in a minute. :)
Oh, so cute. I am so excited for you and Pepi. It's great when people adopt seniors!! I love that your mom thinks he looks like David Spade, that made me :lol:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hehe:David Spade comment made me laugh too..So happy you got him.I love when people adopt the older ones too.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Oooo, I can't wait to see pics! Congrats on the new dog!

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Thanks!

One thing I've noticed is that he's a lot like a cat, lol. He likes sleeping on the back of the couch, his bed, his beanbag chair....etc. And he washes his face with his paws after he eats. When he wants to be picked up he'll stand on his hind legs and paw at you, it's adorable! He's also really active, but I read chis can live into their 20s, so 10 is like, middle aged, haha. The one part is isn't so cute is that he smells bad. His teeth are really nasty so I'm going to get them scaled and I might get one pulled cause it sticks out weirdly and is slightly nastier than the others. Tomorrow I'm taking him to work and giving him a bath so that should help the smell a little.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Yes, my guys have horrible teeth, too :( The vet said something about their jaws being too small a few years ago .

_Haley_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Haley
Are they impacted or just covered in plaque? Pepi's only has like four teeth, and they aren't exactly rotten, just dirty, and the one sticks out. Sorry to hear that your dogs have bad teeth too :(

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Yeah Puck is missing some and they are sticking out all over the place :(

Status
Not open for further replies.