• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting him in the carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java has a vet appointment on Monday, and he will NOT voluntarily go in his carrier. I've always had to take him out of the cage and put him in it, which is going to undo a lot of trust. So, how do I go about getting him in the carrier? It's been sitting out in the open for a few days, and I always do that before his appointments, but he still clings to his cage whenever I try to take him out.

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Have you tried putting favorite treat in it to see if he will go in to get it.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you tried putting favorite treat in it to see if he will go in to get it.
Yeah, I've tried all his favorites and he doesn't care one way or the other. He refuses to go near it.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
To see that carrier.. I wonder if that could be one of his trigger to his nervous behavior?
And it is obvious that he is having bad experience to be in a carrier, so lets work on that instead.
Have you tried with another carrier? First we must know if this is with only this carrier or with all.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
To see that carrier.. I wonder if that could be one of his trigger to his nervous behavior?
And it is obvious that he is having bad experience to be in a carrier, so lets work on that instead.
Have you tried with another carrier? First we must know if this is with only this carrier or with all.
I've only tried him with this carrier, and he's gone outside in it and to the park, but mostly to the vet

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Perhaps this would help

Status
Not open for further replies.