1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting him in the carrier

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Brittany0208, 8/4/18.

1. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Brittany
    Java has a vet appointment on Monday, and he will NOT voluntarily go in his carrier. I've always had to take him out of the cage and put him in it, which is going to undo a lot of trust. So, how do I go about getting him in the carrier? It's been sitting out in the open for a few days, and I always do that before his appointments, but he still clings to his cage whenever I try to take him out.

2. Donna turner

Donna turner Jogging around the block

Donna
    Have you tried putting favorite treat in it to see if he will go in to get it.

Brittany0208 likes this.
  3. Brittany0208

Brittany0208 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Brittany
    Yeah, I've tried all his favorites and he doesn't care one way or the other. He refuses to go near it.

4. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    To see that carrier.. I wonder if that could be one of his trigger to his nervous behavior?
    And it is obvious that he is having bad experience to be in a carrier, so lets work on that instead.
    Have you tried with another carrier? First we must know if this is with only this carrier or with all.

5. Brittany0208

Brittany
    I've only tried him with this carrier, and he's gone outside in it and to the park, but mostly to the vet

6. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    Perhaps this would help

Brittany0208 likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)