• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Georgia Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarmieJo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
We went to visit the Georgia Aquarium yesterday and really enjoyed it!

This is my husband, our son, my mom and me.

Here are a couple of short videos. It was noisy there so you might want to turn the sound off.

And a couple more pictures.

We are off to lunch so I'll have to post the other pix later.

Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
you have a lovely family :)

beautiful pics and video, would love to see more!

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
How nice to see a picture of you and your family!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the GA Aquarium!;)

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
The Georgia Aquarium is fun. Wish I would have known I live only 30 minutes tops away! My favorite at that aquarium are the Beluga Whales :D

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
Wonderful pictures. I love aquariums.:)
At the Mote Aquarium in Sarasota, they do clickertraining with sharks and sea turtles. Very impressive.:highfive:

Sigrid

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Here are some more pictures from the Aquarium.

Poison Dart Frog

Mississippi River Tank

Amazon Tank

Loggerhead Turtle

Volitan Lionfish

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
African Penguins

Sea Dragons

Starfish

Beluga Whale

Moon Jellies

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily

Volitan Lionfish

LOVE! We used to have one - Mr. Magoo. He was awesome, we had him since he was little & we had to train him even, to eat non-live foods!! I loved that guy! He was like the size of a loonie when we got him & he got HUGE! They really have personalities! (if only they weren't poisonous! lol) He died when we were away last year - our whole tank crashed :(

All the pics are gorgeous & I wish we had something like that around here!

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I love the dart frogs :heart: I also love the amazon tank... used to have one just like it :heart: I :heart::heart::heart: discus!

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
I have 2 saltwater tanks and see my fish as a hobby but everyone I know who keeps a lion sees them as a pet. I keep thinking I would like a fuzzy dwarf lion to add to my 54 corner tank but I have a huge bubbletip anemone and with the lion's perching behavior I think the anemone would be a big hazard.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I would love to see pics of your reefs. I used to have a reef before I became a poor college student LOL. I absolutely love aquarium keeping and it depends. I see it as a hobby overal, but I have had some of my favorite fish in the past that I considered my friends actually. Like my bicolor blenny. His name was buddy (I usually dont name my fish) because he was my best underwater friend ever. He was sooo adorable, I loved him!

Also I agree, a lionfish and BTA would not exactly go together well. I mean im sure it COULD be done, but in only a 54 corner it probably wouldnt.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
OMG!!! I'm so jealous! I really love aquariums! The whale sharks are amazing! It's definitely on my "to visit" list!

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
OMG!!! I'm so jealous! I really love aquariums! The whale sharks are amazing! It's definitely on my "to visit" list!
If you ever come this way make sure to go to the TN aquarium to. IMO its better than the GA aquarium and they are only two hours appart. The TN is bigger, as in it has WAY more exhibits. But the GA is "technically" bigger because they have more in gallons, as they have bigger tanks (for the whale sharks and belugas). So they are the two largest in the world and I love em both! Also, if you do come this way make sure to let me know!

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Houston, if I ever went back into freshwater I think I would keep discus.

Here is a shot of my 54 that I just took the other day so it was still on my computer. I have to get a different background, this is a kind of film and it looks great in person but photographs poorly.

All the shots of my nano are on my hard drive at home.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna

if you ever come this way make sure to go to the tn aquarium to. Imo its better than the ga aquarium and they are only two hours appart. The tn is bigger, as in it has way more exhibits. But the ga is "technically" bigger because they have more in gallons, as they have bigger tanks (for the whale sharks and belugas). So they are the two largest in the world and i love em both! Also, if you do come this way make sure to let me know!
will do!!! :)

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Houston, if I ever went back into freshwater I think I would keep discus.

Here is a shot of my 54 that I just took the other day so it was still on my computer. I have to get a different background, this is a kind of film and it looks great in person but photographs poorly.

All the shots of my nano are on my hard drive at home.

Looks great! Ill need to see if I have any of mine floating around... looking forward to nano pics

I LOVE Discus :heart: I never had a tank big enough for them as I always wanted a school of them (the way it should be). But I did breed angels for a while and loved it. When I do eventually get a 125 freshwater (maybe bigger, im thinking maybe a 165 but none the less) I would for sure do a school of Discus, a huge school of cardinals as well as some rams :heart: and it would, of course, be planted. I LOVED my planted aquariums, I had several of them. They were (almost) more fun that reefs... just because the plants grew faster LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.