• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Genies first video, getting his breakfast

• Thread starter Genie
  • Start date
G

Genie

Genie is quite the character, as you will see in the video.

I get up early & open his door. He will ether get out or lower his head for some feather scratching. I make coffee & get on the computer. After a few minutes, Genie usually comes down from his cage & comes to sit with me.

One morning I heard a commotion in the kitchen, I went to look & found genie on the countertop ! He was helping himself to breakfast. He had eaten thru his banana skins to the fruit. I wondered how he got up there & subsequently, the next morning, I put my GOPRO camera across the kitchen to capture his antics.

What we captured was amazing. Genie climbed up the drawer pulls & at the top he realized that the counter was too slick to grab hold & get up on it. He then reaches into the top of the top drawer AND PULLS IT OPEN !! Thus enabling him to step up onto the countertop !!! How did he know that the drawer could be pulled out ??? Do parrots watch & understand far more than we realize ? He also sees the camera & tries to understand what it is. It appears that he also knows he has done wrong & is looking how to get back down to the floor.

Never underestimate the intelligence of your parrot !!!

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Such a cutie smartie pants! :D

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
He didn't even hesitate to open that final drawer. Pretty darned smart if you ask me.

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
I love love smart pants Genie!! I can see Mommy go "wow" on the video! :eeeek: When Genie gets busted, I see "please give me scritches?" :kiss2: LOL!!!

I'm cracking up! :laughing7:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I love how he looks like HA! Made it up here as he looks at the camera, then his head gets all fluffy when Daddy comes in to tell him he's busted.:rofl: Dobby does similar when he knows he's not supposed to be into or doing something. Lil bugger always gives himself away by making happy whistles as he eats or chews some forbidden item, then gets all fluffy like he's busted but will defend himself to the death, which he never does.