• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures GENDER REVEAL of my lovebird please

Aai_Bo

Moving in
IMG_2026.png
My lovebird opens its wings when my foot touches it and tries to feed my nails. Is this female or male behaviour? The opening of the wings. Also I don’t do it always I discourage such behaviour

Attachments

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
I'm no love bird expert, but at least in cockatiels "heart wings" is a typical male behavior.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Do you have a better picture? It appears that you have an opaline. If that is true, then it is more than likely female due to the sex-linked mutation, but there are obviously opaline males as well. Without knowing the parents mutations, or if this bird has laid eggs before, you would have to do a DNA test.

Reactions: tka

Aai_Bo

Moving in
Do you have a better picture? It appears that you have an opaline. If that is true, then it is more than likely female due to the sex-linked mutation, but there are obviously opaline males as well. Without knowing the parents mutations, or if this bird has laid eggs before, you would have to do a DNA test.
Yes my bird is an opaline peach faced. It has never laid eggs before since he/she was hatched October 2022. My bird is very aggressive and does this cute dance and chattering around my feet.

Aai_Bo

Moving in
I'm no love bird expert, but at least in cockatiels "heart wings" is a typical male behavior.
Yes my cockatiels are all male and do heart wings but my lovebird only does this when he thinks my feet are trying to mate with it

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
Yes my cockatiels are all male and do heart wings but my lovebird only does this when he thinks my feet are trying to mate with it
That's funny to me because my cockatiel also only does heart wings to my feet. :rofl: A large amount of cockatiel owners have reported their birds having a foot-fixation but I've never heard of lovebirds being interested in feet! Maybe your lovebird thinks it is a cockatiel! :lol:

Aai_Bo

Moving in
That's funny to me because my cockatiel also only does heart wings to my feet. :rofl: A large amount of cockatiel owners have reported their birds having a foot-fixation but I've never heard of lovebirds being interested in feet! Maybe your lovebird thinks it is a cockatiel! :lol:
Hahah it’s the opposite for me. My cockatiels aren’t interested in me. My lovebird has feet and slippers fetish. Makes love to them

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Is this female or male behaviour? The opening of the wings.
I have both males and females doing it. A female usually holds the wings open a lot longer, and it is acompanied by a little ts ts ts sound.
Going off everything you said, I would think it is more likely than not, female, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of your bird being male.