• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent GCC, wing flipping during night

catboycore

Moving in
hey. at the time im writing this its currently 00:18 am and im quite worried about my conure. earlier yesterday he was acting really off. he was twitching and his flight accuracy was not the best. he flew into my monitor and since then i saw a white area form on his beak (like a bruise but white.)

currently he's sleeping but i was woken up by what i presume is him flicking/flipping his wings constantly. he's asleep but the sound keeps repeating. any clue whats going on?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Photos would be helpful if you can share some

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The white spot on his beak looks as if he has loosened the outer layer of keratin. Probably not a problem, as they shed the keratin on their beak every now and then. If he banged himself on the head pretty hard he may have a tiny concussion, which he can probably resolve with time and rest. The one thing that bothers me is that you seemed to indicate that he was having some apparent neural issues before hitting the screen, "he was twitching and his flight accuracy was not the best", per you.

If he were mine, I would get him to the vet as soon as possible - your bird may have an underlying illness.

catboycore

Moving in
hi! thanks for replying. im glad that the white thing on his beak is just him shedding and nothing serious. he seems to be better today now so it was probably just me overreacting. the twitches stopped now and his flight accuracy is back to normal. however if i see anything else ill take him to a vet ASAP. thank you :)