• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Games Suggestions

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Mine love playing fetch, they throw it and I get it:D currently they really love figuring new foraging things out with me, or play with a toy together. They love trying to steal my pens/phone too! I Don't really have any games I play with them, I Will follow this thread for more ideas as well:)

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahw I am lucky I don't have glasses! Our birds really make sure we get enough exersise, how Nice of them!:D

O you probably already know this one, but hide and seek is a great game!

Last edited:

toolady2peach

Moving in
Real Name
Cambria Douglass
I've heard they love peek-a-boo! Also my little conure loves to play with small plastic cat balls with bells... I ordered them from a bird store online and both my M2 and GCC love to play with them!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cody likes to play catch and then throw what she has caught.
Some of my birds play basketball with a Mango hoop and ball set.

Motherof'tiels

Strolling the yard
My bird plays tag with me. Ill go into a small room and he will try and chase me around once he catches me I start chasing him and so on. Its adorable.

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Thank you...seems we play similar games...except chase, must see if Dusty fancies a game....please keep sharing, we still need more games and others might like the games you play.

Laura729

Jogging around the block
Lucius, my goffin, loves to have "crazy time" with me where we go into the bathroom (his favorite place to play - he hangs on the shower curtain rod and an improvised shelf and swing I hung for him), which has no windows or shared walls for extra sound "buffering" - haha - and we yell and dance and go crazy to help him get some of that cockatoo energy out. He loves to dance to certain music, and/or if I dance with him. He also loves to chase empty plastic water bottles around on top of his cage (he has many, many, many toys, but he LOVES these plastic bottles :rolleyes:). He also likes to play "peek a boo" - I will hide around the corner when he's in the bathroom play area, and jump/lean over to where he can see me and "surprise" him (I always make sure he knows we are starting this game, so I don't startle him at first).

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That sounds like loads of fun! Must try those:)My lovies have Discovered the bathroom as well, can't imagine what the noise must be like with a cockatoo playing there:hehe:

Domothebudgie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
gonzo likes to jump into towels or old shirts. I’ll hold a towel flat out and he’ll run and flip into it. I’ll hold it sort of like a hammock and he will roll around in there sometimes with a foot toy. He also likes to be wrapped up and we pretend he’s a spaceship and he’ll make the weirdest noises, but I’m pretty sure he only likes this cuz he’s a little weird . He really likes playing on his back and getting his tummy tickled. He also likes to just make kissy noises, and try and copy the different sounds I make.

hotfoot jackson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Oh Laura cockies really do love bathrooms....Dusty joins me in the bathroom when I shower and we sing and dance with the radio.....have you watched some of the dancing cockies on youtube....such fun. Domothebudgie, Gonzo sounds like a lovable nut.....thank you for sharing his games

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Echo can very possessive and obsessive about certain objects, so we now play a give and take game. He really enjoys giving me objects now. It's adorable :swoon:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
gonzo likes to jump into towels or old shirts. I’ll hold a towel flat out and he’ll run and flip into it. I’ll hold it sort of like a hammock and he will roll around in there sometimes with a foot toy. He also likes to be wrapped up and we pretend he’s a spaceship and he’ll make the weirdest noises, but I’m pretty sure he only likes this cuz he’s a little weird . He really likes playing on his back and getting his tummy tickled. He also likes to just make kissy noises, and try and copy the different sounds I make.
Omg so cute! If I am ervaring a shirt that is a little too big henkie crawls into it:D

Laura729

Jogging around the block
Oh Laura cockies really do love bathrooms....Dusty joins me in the bathroom when I shower and we sing and dance with the radio.....have you watched some of the dancing cockies on youtube....such fun. Domothebudgie, Gonzo sounds like a lovable nut.....thank you for sharing his games
Yes - I LOVE dancing cockatoo videos!! :) There was an interesting scientific study in which it was determined that parrots are one of the very small group of animals that actually "understand rhythmic structure" and dance in response to music, like humans do (and elephants, actually). So cool!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Yes - I LOVE dancing cockatoo videos!! :) There was an interesting scientific study in which it was determined that parrots are one of the very small group of animals that actually "understand rhythmic structure" and dance in response to music, like humans do (and elephants, actually). So cool!
YES!! I love it you stated that! We dance to certain songs only. It has to have a good rhythm like Maroon five's Payphone, Flo Rider's Whistle, and especially Shakira! OMG...Tito sings like crazy to her. He loves her music! LOL!!

Laura729

Jogging around the block
YES!! I love it you stated that! We dance to certain songs only. It has to have a good rhythm like Maroon five's Payphone, Flo Rider's Whistle, and especially Shakira! OMG...Tito sings like crazy to her. He loves her music! LOL!!
I love it!!! That's so cute. You'll have to get a video of it!
Most of the macaws at the rescue where I volunteer LOVE to dance to Beyonce, but the 2 hyacinths specifically love dancing and "head banging" to heavy metal (and get mad when I play Beyonce, haha). The African Greys mostly seem to enjoy bobbing their heads to classic rock (and one especially, who I had a major breakthrough/success with after I played "Bell Bottom Blues" by Derek and the Dominos for him, and he started dancing away and talking, which he'd never done before in the several years he'd been at the rescue).
My Lucius loves a mixture of different types of music, but usually more of the pop genre. :) Charlie doesn't dance but loves Motown and soulful, bluesy music and will try to sing along (especially to Otis Reading, Sam Cooke, The Temptations, and Hozier).