• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Funny story........

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
So, this morning I am laying in bed, drinking coffee, reading the news on my laptop when all of a sudden a little green Lovebird flies right past me and lands on the TV. Now........I recognize this little green Lovebird as Baxter, my little risk taker. But how did he get out and why is he here in the bedroom on the TV. So I go back to where the bird cage is and Jasper is still inside because he always wants to make sure Baxter's plans actually work before he is going to risk getting caught following Baxter. Anyway, I discover that last night when I cleaned the cage, I apparently was in a daze because I replaced the grate in the wrong place and it left a gap of about an inch and a half where there would normally be no gap. So Baxter discovered the gap and had figured out how to escape and go flying..........Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee, without permission...............so funny. They are out everyday with the door open, but I think it must be WAY more fun when you figure out how to escape without permission. So I learned, It's possible to be careless, and if I had not had screens on all my windows and door, it might have been a disaster.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
"Hi Mom. Guess what I found a way out.:hehe::hehe:."

You can't keep a good birdie down. Or a bad one for that matter.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol. I like the first 2 comments :D

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Dobby sometimes gets put or left in this room we call the computer room to hang out with me or be safe when somebody comes or goes. One day I walked up to the door and saw a shadow right next to it from the other side. This house is manufactured so they put extra high door bottoms on them I think to let all the nasty fumes escape after they are built and put together on a site. Dobby had seen that gap and was trying to figure out if he could fit under it as he was tired of being by himself. Lucky I noticed his shadow and now we watch for that on any closed doors he might be behind, luckily he is pretty fast too just in case.