• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fun Ways To Play With Smaller Birds?

BirbBrains

Strolling the yard
Hey guys! I'm back! This time, I have a less serious, way more fun post. What do you do to keep your budgies, cockatiels, and smaller birds entertained? Do you take them outside on a harness, play with them inside, teach them tricks, or something else?:budgie::pbbudgie::budgie10::budgie9::tieln::piedtiel::bliss: (Don't mind me, I just realized that the little gifs and bird icons exist and I love them, honestly.)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My cockatiel used to love "reading" magazines/ catalogues with me. I would give him some pages to chew while I read. He thought he was helping me. LOL.

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
My Chirps enjoys chewing on small toy parts on a chain and bossing the bigger birds around. I waited for tiny beads to go on sale cheap and bought loads of tiny beads!

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
I let my parrotlets and budgie ride on my head and shoulders while I play my piano. Not exactly playing but they seem to enjoy bonding with me like that. Otherwise make a tunnel for them to explore also works.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
@Karnkate reminded me. Years ago, my little ones enjoyed paper towels tubes to run through and hiding in an empty Kleenex box.

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
@Karnkate reminded me. Years ago, my little ones enjoyed paper towels tubes to run through and hiding in an empty Kleenex box.
It’s the only thing they can do while waiting for legitimate bird toys to arrive. Joseph had destroyed my mother’s cork mat so I ordered lots of sola and cork and stainless skewer to assemble them into one big toy. The budgies will get some leather toys.

Reactions: LSA

Linearis

Walking the driveway
My parrotlet watches videos with me. Tbh sometimes I'm not sure how to "play" with her either. But she does enjoy if I'm just next to her and we do our own things. I take her with me when I get ready for bed most of the time, and go get a snack or a drink in the kitchen. She just wants to feel included lol. Traning sessions are kind of like games I guess too.

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
my budgies aren't tame so they observe us from afar, jealous of Twitter, who is tame and gets quality time and diner with us but that's their problem, they are welcome to share if they dare (well, welcome by me, NOT by Twitter...).
Twitter wants to "help" :meh: whenever I change the newspaper in the budgie's cage or read or check my bills. He insists on helping and checking anything I prepare in the kitchen, taste and supervise how I do it. He would also watch videos, sleep on my finger while I type on the keyboard, travel on my head or shoulder as I go around and do chores. We don't really play together but he likes cuddles in the evening, and we chat a lot :smuggrin: