• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fun question

Sam-wow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matt
I commented on " sunnys sick " thread and thought it would be a fun topic to find out weird or fun " isms " that our birds do while we are using our technologies ( video games, TV, computers... ). Not such a big gamer but while playing Mario cart on the Wii , my kids noticed that Sammy was leaning from side to side with me while I was "steering". Of course when the phone came out to record , he stopped. Funny how they know !

RosieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Rosie bobs her head when we are typing, she loves any rhythmic repetitive sounds. She was sitting on hubby's lap the other day as he was typing and was just constantly bobbing her head. She also is obsessed with cameras and phones. She's always leaning in closer to the phone and camera. I've seen dozens of photos of birds having destroyed tv remotes, those soft buttons are just too tempting I think. She also loves hearing the ring tones options, hubby and I had the same ringtone alarm when texts were coming in so he asked me to change mine. As I was going through the 50 or so options Rosie was vocalizing and trying to imitate the various ringtones. Her favorite one was the harp and of course the old bike bell. She also loves watching other parrots on youtube and I recently discovered she loves SpongeBob Square pants. She loves it and it keeps her quiet and relaxes her. I don't know why I hadn't thought of putting on cartoons for her sooner. She's quiet for hours at a time.

She also recognizes both my voice and hubby's voice over speakers phone and calls our name when she hears us over the phone.

Sam-wow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matt
Funny, I can picture her leaning in for a closer look :laugh: ! They are all characters in their own special way ! Thats why I thought this would be fun to hear about. She sounds like a really smart bird. Thanks for joining in. BTW, hours of quiet ?! Unheard of except for bedtime at my house. I must say that I am very grateful that when I leave the house earlier than the wife and kids everyday for work , as long as I don't engage in any way , Sammy is quiet and does not wake everybody else prematurely ! I know he hears me fumbling around but does not vocalize. :laughing12:

KayKhaos

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaylea
Loki what she will do to my boyfriend is stand right behind his phone as hes texting or browsing on it. She begins to make the "click" sound the phone makes when typing.
I find it so funny because she rushes over to his phone as fast as she can when he brings it out.

RosieBird

Actually in the photo to the left here (my avatar) she is leaning over towards the camera.

Yes she is very quiet most days, I have no idea how we became that lucky with a Moluccan, they are generally very vocal and loud. She is vocal everyday but not annoyingly loud. As long as she has company (she's never been left alone in our care) she even has a bird sitter no kidding! When she talks I always talk back to her like we are having some important conversation. I'm sure strangers think I'm some lunatic that talks to her pets. Only a person with a talking parrot really understands. She also has what I call Turd Tuesdays, she whoops it up and makes a racket Tuesday afternoons, not sure why or how she knows its a Tuesday. There is really nothing we can do other than to allow her to go off. We are thankful it is only one day a week and last about an hour.

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Lol Kiwi love 'helping' my mom to play solitaire lol he stands as he can in the laptop and tries to touch the cards LOL!
Baylee stays quite with Tennis my mom likes to watch it and Baylee just stands there like ooohhh. Kiwi LOVES to watch Animal Planet xD she flies to the TV & growls At the animals there LOL!