1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 FROYO IS ABOUT TO DIE

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Axie Atienza, 5/24/18.

1. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

So sorry you, Froyo and Fruity had to experience this. Please do make sure you get Fruity checked up by the vet before bringing another bird into the environment where you had a deathly sick bird. You will need to ensure everything has been cleaned well and disinfected to ensure the safety of both Fruity and any other bird you wish to bring home as this would not be fair to let a potential infectious disease/illness kill another bird.

I wish you well and hope Fruity gets the all clear from the vet.

Axie Atienza and camelotshadow like this.
  2. Axie Atienza

Axie Atienza Meeting neighbors

Thanks everyone. I brought Fruity to the vet right after Froyo died. I was informed to clean his cage and to change his food from the food bowl. I was also given antibiotics for Fruity to drink at the meantime so it’ll boost up his immune system and keep him away from harmful diseases. I’ll also get him a shot for even more protection. It’ll take a month to do this. So it’ll be a while until Fruity gets a companion. Thanks everyone.

Picture of Fruity heading to the vet:

Attached Files:

Garet and hrafn like this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

4. Lwalker

Lwalker Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue

Lori
    So sorry for your loss.

5. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
    I am very sorry for your loss.

6. nu2birds

nu2birds Jogging around the block

Kurt
    SO so sorry for your traumatic loss. But please don't bring another bird home until you know what Froyo passed from. You are going to have to do a lot of disinfecting and a quarantine before your other bird and any new bird would have a safe environment.

7. nu2birds

nu2birds Jogging around the block

Kurt
    Glad Fruity has been taken care of, I'm sorry, I responded thinking there was only the first page of your thread, now I see you took Fruity to the vet and are going to disinfect and wait for treatments to work. I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of this, hang in there and give us updates when you can.

8. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    Thank you for taking such good care of Fruity! I really hope he stays healthy and finds a friend once his quarantine is up. You hang in there, alright? Take this one day at a time.

greenytijana and Tiel Feathers like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)