• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 FROYO IS ABOUT TO DIE

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
So sorry you, Froyo and Fruity had to experience this. Please do make sure you get Fruity checked up by the vet before bringing another bird into the environment where you had a deathly sick bird. You will need to ensure everything has been cleaned well and disinfected to ensure the safety of both Fruity and any other bird you wish to bring home as this would not be fair to let a potential infectious disease/illness kill another bird.

I wish you well and hope Fruity gets the all clear from the vet.

Axie Atienza

Meeting neighbors
Thanks everyone. I brought Fruity to the vet right after Froyo died. I was informed to clean his cage and to change his food from the food bowl. I was also given antibiotics for Fruity to drink at the meantime so it’ll boost up his immune system and keep him away from harmful diseases. I’ll also get him a shot for even more protection. It’ll take a month to do this. So it’ll be a while until Fruity gets a companion. Thanks everyone.

Picture of Fruity heading to the vet:

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
So sorry for your loss.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
SO so sorry for your traumatic loss. But please don't bring another bird home until you know what Froyo passed from. You are going to have to do a lot of disinfecting and a quarantine before your other bird and any new bird would have a safe environment.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Glad Fruity has been taken care of, I'm sorry, I responded thinking there was only the first page of your thread, now I see you took Fruity to the vet and are going to disinfect and wait for treatments to work. I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of this, hang in there and give us updates when you can.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Thanks everyone. I brought Fruity to the vet right after Froyo died. I was informed to clean his cage and to change his food from the food bowl. I was also given antibiotics for Fruity to drink at the meantime so it’ll boost up his immune system and keep him away from harmful diseases. I’ll also get him a shot for even more protection. It’ll take a month to do this. So it’ll be a while until Fruity gets a companion. Thanks everyone.

Picture of Fruity heading to the vet:
Thank you for taking such good care of Fruity! I really hope he stays healthy and finds a friend once his quarantine is up. You hang in there, alright? Take this one day at a time.