• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Frisky Lovebird

Luvbirds

Meeting neighbors
Hello my AVian friends,
Let's see who can help me with this . So my lovebird (Luna) is VERY frisky. But frisky with herself and objects. Is this normal?????? She prefers to be in the cage now but alone sleeping more the usual.
Her companion Pepita (turns out he was a girl ) has layed eggs more or less about 3 weeks ago and has kinda abonded Luna to be with her eggs.
I worry about Luna (which I'm not sure if she is a "he or she") .

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
@Zara will be able to help you better

what behaviour is she showing ?
pico (pretty sure is male ) as got his love on with stuff if it really affects his behaviour I remove it and bin the object he feeds it n humps it well he did his rope knot perch so I removed it as he never left his cage and didn’t seem to be eating
he moved onto a cat ball bell which I have just left him with as he only feeds it still comes out and interacts just checks on it regularly to see if it still there but it’s not affecting his behaviour in a worrying way

Luvbirds

Meeting neighbors
She tempts to get frisky with mainly news paper .. news paper that is on the bottom of her cage. And she is more in her cage than Outside now. And bites more.

@Zara will be able to help you better

what behaviour is she showing ?
pico (pretty sure is male ) as got his love on with stuff if it really affects his behaviour I remove it and bin the object he feeds it n humps it well he did his rope knot perch so I removed it as he never left his cage and didn’t seem to be eating
he moved onto a cat ball bell which I have just left him with as he only feeds it still comes out and interacts just checks on it regularly to see if it still there but it’s not affecting his behaviour in a worrying way

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
She tempts to get frisky with mainly news paper .. news paper that is on the bottom of her cage. And she is more in her cage than Outside now. And bites more.
I would try something else at bottom of cage remove the newspaper see if that helps