• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Friends

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
I think it's safe to say that Tikki and Tootie will enjoy each other's company! Tikki is infatuated, and keeps serenading Tootie, and Tootie seems to enjoy having someone to respond to his squawks :lol: I'm feeling very thankful that we won't have to have separate out of cage times, just need to stay aware to keep them safe and happy. Hooray! :excited2: 66272447_2327174503984971_6249431282606931968_n.jpg 66687606_2326016574392950_8214714356256997376_n.jpg

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
They are very cute together, and I’m so glad they get along. I love that first picture!:heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aww how sweet! Fantastic that they are getting along well :loveshower:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Tootie is so good at communicating when he's had enough of Tikki's antics, and thankfully, Tikki is listening to him. The vet estimated Tootie to be between 5-10 years old, and Tikki is just a baby at 4 or 5 months, so I think maybe that dynamic helps in that Tikki is eager to learn and listen, and I'm sure that Tootie has probably had companions in his life before.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
67408945_439897403271632_1920835737004015616_n.jpg 67413529_891627787864221_422851199717343232_n.jpg 67403935_727959690992394_7403705169336074240_n.jpg

Tikki was so thrilled that Tootie joined him on the couch, that he only stopped singing to him long enough to check out the newest foraging basket. Tootie has taken to screaming for Tikki if I let him out on his own, so apparently they are a package deal now!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I think it's safe to say that Tikki and Tootie will enjoy each other's company! Tikki is infatuated, and keeps serenading Tootie, and Tootie seems to enjoy having someone to respond to his squawks :lol: I'm feeling very thankful that we won't have to have separate out of cage times, just need to stay aware to keep them safe and happy. Hooray! :excited2: View attachment 309537 View attachment 309538
Ahhh that's the way to do it chelsea. Birds can co exist with each other. Takes good monitoring, and patience. But they can do it. Mine do.
a grey and a zon, best of buddies!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
When I saw the title of this thread, I started smiling instantly because I knew this is what you were gonna say!
Soo happy they get along, will make life easier for you and even more fun for them :bounce3:

That is so true Kelly, life around here is much easier when they get along. It's to the point now I don't have to worry or monitor them closely any more. 5 years now that they decided to be buddies... Life is great.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Such a cute video :heart:

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Ahhh that's the way to do it chelsea. Birds can co exist with each other. Takes good monitoring, and patience. But they can do it. Mine do.
a grey and a zon, best of buddies!
I figure that they're meant to be part of a flock, so they naturally enjoy having someone near, but we just can't pretend that they're not wild animals! The vet made sure to remind me that a Nanday could easily remove a beak or toe from a cockatiel, so we'll be sure to always have multiple food sources out when they're playing so they aren't forced to share, and never force them to travel in the same cage, even for a short trip. It's worth a bit of extra care and thought to keep them safe! It has changed my thoughts on adding another bird down the road though, I can't imagine I'd add anything with a beak any bigger than the Nanday unless I was prepared to have that one out on his own, I don't think I'd feel comfortable with anything bigger around my cockatiel. Also, they've got such a nice relationship that I'd hesitate to upset the balance. I figure we're a two bird family for now, unless there is a desperate rescue, I couldn't turn down anything that was in immediate need of a home. I'm glad we got Tootie when we did, I'm due with baby sister in a few weeks, and we've got a great routine down, and Tootie trusts my husband enough to take over his care while I'm in the hospital. Lucky us! :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They're beyond cute! :heart:

I wish Buddy would get along with the tiels...even a little bit. They do peacefully co-exist together...except when the tiels attempt to raid Buddy's food. The tiels have plenty of food...I think they just like to hassle Buddy. :(

She'll chase them away from her cage...then guard her food for hours afterward...screaming and yelling at them all the time...

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I wish Buddy would get along with the tiels...
It's weird how @TikkiTembo's guys get along, and now my Tau and Buddy are getting along too. Tau will follow Buddy anywhere whilst Buddy is sticking close to the floor so Tau doesn"t lose her. When Buddy comes in the kitchen with me Tau calls for her constantly til we're back in the room and Buddy is now trying to mimick the tiel flock call. They even share food.
I was aware at the beginning that Conures and tiels don't make good bedfellows, but our birds are proving to be the exception.
Still no room for complacency though.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Beautiful pictures! Beautiful Birds:sunflower:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
What happy birds!! :loveshower: I love the tail wags :swoon: Its lovely that they get along so well :heart:

Still no room for complacency though.
Sadly this is true even within same species at times. I forget who but someone here posted a picture of what a cockatiel did to another cockatiel, it was a real eye opener for me. Also closely bonded pairs can still have squabbles at times. It never hurts to be extra vigilant when it comes to birds :)