1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free Mobile App For Pet Bird Lovers!

Discussion in 'The Marketplace' started by birdlover123, 11/28/18.

1. tattoosiva

tattoosiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Is it possible to add more conure mutations or variations like cinnamon, pinapple and and sided options?

Ok I :

• Now gimmie a free t shirt!
    • Just joking!
    • Changed my mind, I like free stuff!
    • Just joking!
    • I'm 2xl

2. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    Would love to be alerted when it’s available for Iphones!:)

birdlover123 likes this.
  3. birdlover123

birdlover123 Meeting neighbors Vendor

Nick
    Haha ok how about this. You add an avatar to your BirdBuddy profile and then add either 1 pet bird or 1 sale item or 1 wanted item to your BBSpace profile (with an image) in the app and I'll send you your t-shirt. I need as many people as possible doing this on the app. Although hopefully not all from Hawaii - the postage is gonna be nutty!

Oh and I'm not sure that mutations count as separate species so i don't know if these can be 'added' by me or the user can just add this detail in the 'notes' section of their bird profile. So gimme one good thing and one bad thing about the app and how it can be improved. Thanks for your time on this.

4. birdlover123

Nick
    A lot of iPhone interest. Thanks. I'll notify on this thread when it happens. I started developing on Android coz Android has about 85% of the global smartphone market. It seems that a disproportionate amount of bird lovers are iPhone users :)

Tiel Feathers and TikiMyn like this.
  5. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    Hehe I just inherit my dad’s phone(he gets a new one every two years) burn Maybe it is a parront thing:lol:
    Thank you for making this app and all the effort!

birdlover123 likes this.
  6. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    All my information about my birds is tracked in a pet app. Not really a great bird app but I make it work. I am on android however to make a switch, me personally I would need the app to
    -track weights and give me a graph of the changes.
    -track egg laying and hormone cycles
    -track appointments
    -medications
    -and have export saving features

Peachfaced and Tiel Feathers like this.
  7. birdlover123

Nick
    Thanks so much for your feedback. I know I can't please all of the people all of the time but I want to get close. If I may break your points down:

-track weights and give me a graph of the changes. - I understand and can implement this in a future release

-and have export saving features - this is interesting. Do you mean you want the data made available in a particular file format, and if so which one? If you can provide what people in the industry call a 'use case' (ie what steps you'd like to go through during use), that would be great.

-track egg laying and hormone cycles
    -track appointments
    -medications

For these 3, I wonder if the existing functionality may suffice? Right now, you can create any number of 'life events' for any of your birds. e.g. [date], [event], [notes], so you could for example record the following data and have it appear in a timeline:

12/12/18, laid egg, incubating
    12/14/18, visited veterinarian, clean bill of health
    12/16/18, added antibiotic to diet, was eaten

If this doesn't fit your requirements could you elaborate on what would be good?

Thanks again.

8. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah

The downfall to some of these apps IMO is you spend your lifetime inputting your very important information only to come to the life end of your phone. If the information is not transferable ( cloud or computer saving / android to I phone compatible ) you lose everything when you upgrade your phone.

Your existing life events feature would most likely be fine for the average owner. My current app is quite detailed when it comes to appointments and medications. It adds them to my calendar and also does alerts. Of course, I have my personal parrots and I work with a large flock.... I don't just have one or two parrots that I'm trying to keep tabs on. My life with birds is a full scale operation. :laugh: My current app would be more than overboard for the average bird owner. As it's geared more towards dogs and cats it's even a bit overboard for me.

birdlover123 and Tiel Feathers like this.
  9. birdlover123

Nick
    Just FYI, the BirdBuddy app lets users recover their profile and bird data from my cloud server. This is because the app contains a social network component (called BBSpace) which lets users share their bird info and images with other users, so that data needs to be kept on a web server. Users can therefore retrieve all their info any time on any Android device by using their email/password. The app is still at a fairly nascent stage and the UI could definitely do with some tweaking, but I'm hoping it'll soon become a useful tool.

Last edited: 12/7/18

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)