• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

(FOUND SAFE) Bird flew out the door!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrcksaaf

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brittney
Please help! My conure got scared when the door was opened and flew out the door. He has just recenly grown his flight feathers back. It is 12 in the morning right now. We have searched the trees with a mag light. Any more tips?? He is normally a very loud bird but i havent heard a sound. Maybe he fell asleep? Should i just wait for day light and see what happens?? Please help! I cant bare to think that he wont come back :(:(

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Get out first thing in the morning, when the sun starts coming up. That's when he's likely to be the most active. Do you have another bird you could bring out in a cage to call to him? What is the weather like?

Get out calling and calling, searching the areas. Can you bring his cage outside and put some yummy food and water on top? Make as many fliers as possible to distribute around to businesses, neighbors, to post, etc.

I'm so sorry! I hope you find him very soon.

Other people will have more ideas for you. Hope they chime in soon.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh I am sorry this happened :(

I read a thread of another fid who escaped the house too. They kept looking out for her. She was returned to them. I pray for the same thing to yours (hugs)

jsrcksaaf

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brittney
Well i brought him on his play stand and dont have his cage. The weather is fair right now a lil chilly tho. I have his stand and favorite perch out on the picnic table so he can see it. He normally knows the sound of his food jug. Ive shaken it and no response. I hope he is warm and asleep and will be sitting on his perch when day light comes. We r in an rv park so ther are a million places to hide. Hes NEVER flown this far. I called out for him and made his favorite noises that we make when we play. No luck.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Just keep trying. He's probably really scared so he's being quiet and still. Hopefully he gets hungry and/or thirsty enough and will come down.

:hug8:

unicornlady7

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Christa
I'm so sorry! How scary for you and your conure! If you can, pull up some videos of Sun conures making a racket - screaming and what not. I only have one conure, but he sure does respond when he hears other conures on youtube! Play it real loud first thing in the morning. Get as many people as you can and branch out. He may be closer or farther than you think. I lost my parrotlet out the door once and they are such quiet little things - at least mine was. My friend thought to look where I thought was too far. I pray you get him back ASAP!

newatthistx

Real Name
Michele
Ohhhh.....that is my worst fear, my birds are just now molting the last of their cut flight feathers and are fully able to fly now but everyday, every time the doors open I feel fear and my stomach drops....

As stated above, just keep calling out to him and rattling him food........Prayers that your baby comes home to you very quickly
:hug8::hug8: :hug8:

jsrcksaaf

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brittney
Hes back! He took shelter under an rv last night and this morning a played a conure on youtube and found him coming from the rv looking for me! So glad hes back! Now time for either a clipping or intense harness training! Thank the Lord hes with us again andlasted the cold night!

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Whew I so happy to hear this ended so well and so quickly! :)

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
So glad you got him back already! What a relief! :heart: Clipping will not prevent him flying off though.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
oh my so very very happy you have him back....thank god..just a hint, a clipped bird can get surprisingly far ...all it takes is a sudden draught of wind or a scary noise and off he will go...better be uber vigilant with him and do not take him outside unless he is caged or in a harness...so very glad you have him back!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is great news! I am glad that he is safe!

Matt

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Just found this Thread now. What a relief that he found YOU in less than 24 hours. Keep a close eye on him now.:heart:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would be real careful too. Many clipped birds can fly rather well. So glad you found him.:)

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
I love happy endings!! Yea! Yippee!!

AmberMuffinz

Avenue Veteran
Sooo so happy you found him. I came across this thread last night but couldn't reply. I wouldn't clip him if your only intent is to keep him from flying off. Clipped birds actually have a less chance of being recovered when flying off because they can't avoid predators and they don't have the necessary flight skills to really fly back properly.

I would make a note to put on the door to remind yourself to check and see if your bird is in his cage when you are leaving the RV and harness train him or take him out in a travel cage when you want to bring him outside. I have seen many people with a false sense of security going outside with an unharnessed clipped bird and it makes my heart ache, it only takes once.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Glad he is safe and sound back home :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.