• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

found Pepper a really great home

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so very happy to hear that Pepper is going to a wonderful home:) I know there was a lot said but the one thing that everyone agreed on was that we all wanted Pepper to find a loving home. You have done that for him,so I thank you and hope that your other Fids will be less stressed now that Pepper wont be trying to bit their little toes and such.

Please do tell his new owner about us,we would love to have the chance to still see Pepper and to ad another friend to the Avenue.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
looks like we might be driveing to Toledo tonight if I can talk into driving that far, the lady that wanted Pepper and still does is haveing big time car trouble so if hubby will go with me for the drive I will take Pepper their myself that way I can check out his envirement and see where he is going to be living , if hubby won't go then I will hold Pepper here until she gets her car fixed and find another way of transportation

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I hope your able to get everything worked out,thats great of you to offer to drive him there yourself so you can see what kind of place he would be living at.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Deby a lot of people read the ads for various reasons. If you are comfortable with what you are doing, it shouldnt bother you who reads what. You are putting it out here so expect many varying opinions.

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I will surf the ads a few times a week, partially because I'm looking for a great deal on a stand or other bird items and partially because I'm curious..I'm glad Pepper has found a new home, they sound like a nice match and it's great they are so close!

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I never thought of surfing the ads as "rubbernecking". LOL I will look through the pet area on CL in areas close to me. Just to see what's there. I also keep an eye out for pet supplies that may be a great bargain.

I am glad that you found a good home for Pepper:)

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
I never thought of surfing the ads as "rubbernecking". LOL I will look through the pet area on CL in areas close to me. Just to see what's there. I also keep an eye out for pet supplies that may be a great bargain.

I am glad that you found a good home for Pepper:)
I agreee with you 100%, and being that I'm only one city away from her I seen her ad while I was looking. I have dogs, cats, and a bird, so I'm ALWAYS looking on there. I found my amazing German Shepherd on CL over 2 years ago, he had to be rehomed because his owners were being stationed in Korea with the military. I've bought countless pet supplies, including my King's Cage for my GCC. I currently need a playstand for my bird, so because I ran across that ad does it make me nosey? I think not. People are watching, this is the internet, if you don't have all your ducks in a row and live an honest life, then don't post a trail all over the internet for people to see. It will catch up to you. It always does:rolleyes:

I haven't said one word on here untill now, because I didn't know the story... and I still don't, that is why I'm keeping it to a minumum. But if you know in your heart that there's nothing wrong with what you're doing then you have no need to feel guilty and defensive. Just my humble opinion...

Hope the bird ends up in a great forever home.:)

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
I never thought of surfing the ads as "rubbernecking".
Neither have I. I found two of my California cages through CL, and until recently, I continued looking to see whether I could find more, since they're not being manufactured anymore.

I've stayed away from the online ads recently, though, because I find all the people buying and selling living, feeling, thinking creatures on a whim to be very depressing.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
well so much on driveing to Toledo, I called the lady back 2 times and no answer guess she didn't want him that bad I even left a message with her telling her that we would bring Pepper to her and still no answer , now to look for a better home for him I guess what I thought was a perfect match wasn't so perfect,they say thing happen for a reason so I guess it wasn't meant to be

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Oh I am sorry. Sounds like they weren't the right family then.

pineview01

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Maybe it was for the best. There are some really bad people trolling CL in the Detroit are. I'm sure they are in all areas too. When some one post a really low price I do drop them a line to let them know if I happen on them.

As a lot of others, I go thru all the ads on a regular basis. I'm always on the look out for a good deal on cages. People post in such a stupid way some time you have to use lots of key word and in multi areas. You can't believe some of the places they show up.

Also on CL, selling birds isn't allowed so people hide selling birds in other places. You can't believe the people that are dumping the poor birds only home, with or without him.

I have found poor babies listed as an after thought in garage sales. Just take a look and it will make you cry.

Last edited:

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month

Renae, it would be near to impossible to purposefully look for someones ad unless you knew exactly what they posted. No one went LOOKING for her ad, I stumbled on it.
No need to jump, I didn't even mention your name, lol.. way to assume. :)

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
well so much on driveing to Toledo, I called the lady back 2 times and no answer guess she didn't want him that bad I even left a message with her telling her that we would bring Pepper to her and still no answer , now to look for a better home for him I guess what I thought was a perfect match wasn't so perfect,they say thing happen for a reason so I guess it wasn't meant to be
I’m sorry it didn’t work out, hopefully someone wonderful will come along and be able to give him a forever home. :hug8:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so sorry to hear that this family didnt work out. I really hope that the perfect family contacts you soon.

Amaterasu

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
I haven't said one word on here untill now, because I didn't know the story... and I still don't, that is why I'm keeping it to a minimum. But if you know in your heart that there's nothing wrong with what you're doing then you have no need to feel guilty and defensive. Just my humble opinion...
Well put. When people are saying these things to you it is not because we enjoy making these comments but because we value the welfare of the parrots (that have been or will be in your possession) over your feelings.

We all want this bird to have a good home and in that respect I can guarantee we all agree. Where we disagree is with your treatment of these very sensitive and intelligent creatures as a thing that is just there for your entertainment.

Please reconsider ever getting an additional parrot. You could be emotionally damaging these birds in ways you can't even imagine and will never see because it's the future owner who will have to live with it. You could be dooming these guys to a lifetime of temporary homes just because you want a CAG and are no longer interested in your sweet 10 month old Senegal.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

No need to jump, I didn't even mention your name, lol.. way to assume. :)
LOL, I think you misunderstood. I did not know if you had Kijiji in Australia, so I was just explaining this impossibility of looking for a specific persons ad. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.