• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

found Pepper a really great home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
as of tomorrow morning Pepper will be going to his new home
I talked to a lady yesterday for at least a good 3 hours asking her questions and she was asking me questions and I think she is the perfect fit for Pepper , she lives in Toledo Ohio which is only about an hour from me , she has 2 adult kids a boy and a girl , her daughter works in a big pet store their and goes to college part time her daughter bought 2 different kinds of pellets, about 5 or 6 toys and some good seed mixture home for Pepper , they are all excited about Peppers arrival and I told her if for some reason Pepper does not work out let me know and I will come get him , she does not have any animals no birds, dogs cat or even a fish so he will get tons of attention
I have had to take Opey my quaker to the vet twice because of Pepper , he almost bit Opey's toe off and another time I had to almost pry his beak off of Opeys beak he was not letting go , Pepper does great with humans but does not like any other birds and yes I did tell her this so she does know , she used to have a few parakeets she said a long time ago so she has some bird experience , just wanted to let everyone know

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I am glad Pepper will be going to a good home!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Sounds like a fit for Pepper. He will have them all to himself.:)

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad Pepper seems to have found a good home and that you were honest about Pepper's dislike of other birds. Your Ebay Classified Ad would have led people to think he was okay around other birds.

Male Senegal With Big Cage | Wayne | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 5888983

Details forMale Senegal With Big Cage
Address:Hannan Rd and Michigan Ave, Wayne, MI 48184
Date Posted:09/10/10
Offered by:Owner
Description
I have a really nice male Senegal looking for a good home ,he is 9 months old , he comes with his cage which is good sized , perches, and toys , he has been dna tested a male ,he gets along great with other birds and people, call 734-***-****

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
you never know he could get along with another bird just not a quaker for sure,he doesn't bother Squiggy that's my gcc

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I’m glad you found Pepper a great new home.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
Merlie you must have alot of spare time on your hands , how long did it take you to find my add ?

Ziggymon

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
[PB][/PB]
Merlie you must have alot of spare time on your hands , how long did it take you to find my add ?

A lot of people on here read the various ads. That's why everyone knew you were selling Pepper well before you announced it on AA. http://forums.avianavenue.com/rehome-highway/29713-9-month-old-senegal-mi-looking-home.html

There's always a history of everything that's done and said online, which is why it's wise to be honest, and if one doesn't want to do that, one must take great pains to at least be consistent.

I'm glad Pepper has found a good home.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
ok so why does everyone read adds? if your not looking to buy a bird why bother going to sites where birds are sold? I would never go their unless I'am placeing a add or looking for a bird to adopt , so is everyone bored or just being nosey lol

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
ok so why does everyone read adds? if your not looking to buy a bird why bother going to sites where birds are sold? I would never go their unless I'am placeing a add or looking for a bird to adopt , so is everyone bored or just being nosey lol
That is a great question. Seems to me it's a lot like rubber necking a bad accident on the highway.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
If they only went to look up your ad, then that’s what you would call nosy.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Deby, the friends i make on the internet are very real and very important to me. I respect and trust my friends and expect the same of them. We all accept each other at our various levels of enlightenment regarding out companion pets....for some they are family members, for some they are property.....but in time i think everyone grows :)

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I do have friends here or at least I thought I did , but friends don't condem everything you do and say they take you for who you are and go on with their life
I never thought if I joined a forum I would have people watch every move I make and judge me on everything I do , is that what joining a forum is all about in that case why did I join , I belong to other forums and they are not like that on my other forums sooo why is this one so different

lol JL thats a good way to put it

well what ever bed time for me have things to do tomorrow

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am the one that found your original ad. I look on craigslist and other places because I am always on the look out for parrot things. One of my playstands I found listed under birds on Kijiji. People dont always know where to post what they are selling.
I posted your ad on here as a sweet Sennie that needed a home. You used a picture you have in you siggy and someone recognized it. It escalated from your own words, not anyone elses.

If they only went to look up your ad, then that’s what you would call nosy.
Renae, it would be near to impossible to purposefully look for someones ad unless you knew exactly what they posted. No one went LOOKING for her ad, I stumbled on it.

I never thought if I joined a forum I would have people watch every move I make and judge me on everything I do , is that what joining a forum is all about in that case why did I join
Than you are very naive. If you put it out there (web) than people will read and JUDGE. Some will call you on it, and some will sit on the sidelines watching the thread like a tennis match till it's closed.

I belong to other forums and they are not like that on my other forums sooo why is this one so different
Maybe this one has more of the people that will call you on it, I like that :)

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm glad peppers found a good home.By the way this is a great forum to belong too.I cruise through CL because I am looking for an outside cage for Hiram.

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am glad Peepers found a good home too....as for people finding ads etcx...it happens and since this is the age of the internet, it pays to be totally honest about something.....

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am the one that found your original ad. I look on craigslist and other places because I am always on the look out for parrot things.
Yes, that's why I read the ads too. You can sometimes find amazing bargains on playstands and cages in the classifieds. I also look to see if I can maybe steer someone who wants a rehome bird toward a bird they might want to adopt. This has been the case a couple of times. :)

Stacy_b

Real Name
Stacy
I am glad Peepers found a good home too....as for people finding ads etcx...it happens and since this is the age of the internet, it pays to be totally honest about something.....

Exactly.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I'm always in CL and Kijiji. Not because I'm looking for a new bird, but because I'm looking for appropriate playstands that I can begin to scatter about my living room and house so the birds can go back to always being with me in every room :)

I've seen Java trees that were in near-perfect condition (maybe a few beak marks) go for $50! :eek: unheard of! So I'm always lurking :)

PS- The important thing is the end result. I'm so happy that Pepper has finally found his forever home, and I hope that it is a loving one...I would want the owner of Pepper to join here so that we can follow his progress and share in her love for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.