• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Found abandoned kittens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
Found a box of kittens while walking Sally behind Target. People who do this disgust me. The kittens were out of the box and in the street trying to get to us. They must have been dumped in the night or early this morning. A truck driver helped me get them all back in the box and I carried it back to the appartments, dragging Sally along. They are going to animal control, we don't have any choice but we will make sure they can contact us if they don't get adopted. I would love to keep one but we are maxed out right now and this is all we can do. :( They were dumped in an area that they had no chance of surviving in, at night there are coyotes, racoons and snakes- no food or water and the street isn't lit. During the day extreme heat, no food or water and lots of cars. They were starving. They attacked the food I gave them like piranhas, I've never seen kittens fight like that before.

View attachment 116304

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:( People make me so angry and sad to be one:(

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for helping them.People are so cruel.:( I'm so glad you found them. Poor little babies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor little things..thank god you found them...people who do that should face the same consequences and see how they like it....

Brooke

Real Name
Brooke
Maybe they were placed there so you, a very loving individual, would help them. Couldn't think of a better person to find them :)
Im always hoping ill find an abandoned kitten so I HAVE to keep it :p is that bad? Haha

Shame on them though, I hope they find wonderful homes

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:rant::atomic::rant:

Can't use the words I want to on the forum... :mad::mad::mad:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
This is so mean to do do. Thanks for helping them :)

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:mad::mad: I HATE PEOPLE!!! And my friends wonder why I am not a "people" person:(

Thank you for helping them, I am sure they will get adopted, kittens usually have no problems getting homes in the shelters.
Now why couldn't the jerk who dumped them have just taken them to the humane society?:mad::mad:

ThatDarnBird

:mad::mad: I HATE PEOPLE!!! And my friends wonder why I am not a "people" person:(

Thank you for helping them, I am sure they will get adopted, kittens usually have no problems getting homes in the shelters.
Now why couldn't the jerk who dumped them have just taken them to the humane society?:mad::mad:
At the Animal Control they even have lockers that people can a anonymously leave strays in durring off hours. It is so cowardly to dump them like this.

Well, we decided to keep the little black and white girly. We can't afford it but were going to put down to emergency use of the credit card. Ginny has been lonely and dull since Oliver died. She doesn't mind the dog but it's not the same. So everybody, please keep your fingers crossed that this little kitten is Felv negative. She goes in for an exam and Felv test this afternoon. The Felv has to be negative for her to stay here.

Barefoot Parrot

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Booker
People are so dumb. 'Cept people like ya'll. :giveme5: Why let them starve or be eaten when you could just euthanize them humanely? And if you didn't want to pay for that, why didn't you spay your cat? Are you giving them to a kill shelter? Don't do that.... :sad8:

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
:fingerscrossed: she is healthy! I found a little black and white kitten a couple years ago in a bush, SUPER scrawny with crusty eyes and only about 4 weeks old. I wanted to keep him so bad but I wasn't able to. His rehabber ended up keeping him though which makes me happy. I'm glad you'll be able to keep one :)

ThatDarnBird

People are so dumb. 'Cept people like ya'll. :giveme5: Why let them starve or be eaten when you could just euthanize them humanely? And if you didn't want to pay for that, why didn't you spay your cat? Are you giving them to a kill shelter? Don't do that.... :sad8:
A kill shelter is better than being run over by a car or coyotes. Please do not judge me for taking them to Animal Control. I did not create the problem and I am doing my best to help.

:fingerscrossed: she is healthy! I found a little black and white kitten a couple years ago in a bush, SUPER scrawny with crusty eyes and only about 4 weeks old. I wanted to keep him so bad but I wasn't able to. His rehabber ended up keeping him though which makes me happy. I'm glad you'll be able to keep one :)
Me too. :) She's a sweetie. They are all so cute.

Brooke

Real Name
Brooke
If I didn't have the money, I wouldn't "euthanize" helpless kittens... that seems cruel.
I would drop them off at the SPCA and say take them, please. If they didn't have room I would insist that they make room.

She gave them to animal control and stated that they will keep in contact with her if they don't get adopted, I don't think she had much of a choice from her options.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran

A kill shelter is better than being run over by a car or coyotes. Please do not judge me for taking them to Animal Control. I did not create the problem and I am doing my best to help.

Me too. :) She's a sweetie. They are all so cute.
I wouldn't worry too much about the shelter because they are kittens. Kittens usually adopt out quickly because that is what kids want. It is the adult cats that I worry about in those situations.
Don't feel bad and no one is judging, you are doing a good thing:hug8::hug8:

And YAY!!! You are keeping one, who could say no to a cute little kitten:heart::heart:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Thank you for doing the right thing for them.

I have come home from work many times to boxes of kittens on my porch. Twice the boxes contained...roosters! I have also seen people not even stop the car before throwing the cat out the window:( I believe the number of cats that have been abandoned here over the years to be about 100. I did what I could for them, but it was hard. I tried to find as many as I could indoor homes, gave them vaccinations, de wormed them and fed them (and tried to get them fixed before more kittens came).

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I found an abandoned kitten last year in front of Albertson's. :( I tried for as long as I could to catch him, and another lady I did not know tried to help as well. But he ran under the line of shopping carts and disappeared. I still wish so much I was able to get to him. He was so tiny and thin, and there's no way he could have survived out there for much longer. :sad1:
I'm so glad you were able to gather up those kittens and get them to Animal Control. I will never understand the disregard so many people have towards a life, just because it's that of an animal.

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Yes, I never had much trouble finding homes for kittens. It was the adults who often spent the rest of their lives living in my barn. I'm sure they will get adopted out. And what you did for them was better than being hit by a car, starving, etc.

ThatDarnBird

The vet didn't have in house FeLV test so we have to wait for the lab to get the results back.:mad: If I had known that ahead of time I would made an appointment at the good vet 45 minutes away for tomorrow. Anyhow, the kitten is a real cuddlebug and way to young to be without mom. She will stay in the bathroom until we get that test back.

Status
Not open for further replies.