• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foster failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I think Erika coined the term, and we may have one on our hands. Goodness gracious!

Hubby brought up adopting Monty today, and the idea has popped into my head a time or two in the last month. We'd have to save a bit and try to find another huge cage since he loves the one he is in so much.

We're getting overrun by birds! :heart: It may not be the most smart choice ever but when you love something you love something.

ETA:

Last edited by a moderator:

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
I think if your DH is calling himself Monty's 'daddy' then it's all over. lol BTW, does your husband know you posted him here? Mine would die if I outed him being mushy to the any of the fids. :lol:

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Oh yes, he is mushy to all the fids and that's one of the reasons I married him. I don't have to hide how much I love my babies, and he loves them too! Hopefully I can be as understanding when he gets a dog! He is "daddy" to all the pets in the house. :heart:

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
My DH is a big softie too--baby talks the dogs and lets the linnies crawl in his shirt sleeves and pantslegs, etc. but he tries to put on a manly front about it all. Heh.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
It's so funny because the men who come over here (mostly military kids who haven't seen their own pets or families in ages) get SUPER gushy around our pets. We have a friend, Mike, who gets ridiculous around the kitten.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
That reminds me of my dad. He's like this tough, german, angry man. I mean he's built like a wall and has the meanest face you've ever seen. He worked at a steel mill so he's got scars and it's really weathered from the heat of molten metal. NO ONE who's ever met him for the first time believes he's anything other then a man who would beat you into the ground for looking at him wrong. But with kids and animal's he just melts into nonsense. I went home a few years back and he had the beagle in his lap going. "Aww babbbbby, who's daddy's babbbby. Tell me about it. Awww my babbbbby." While she howled along and then started giving her treats while going "It's okay, baby baby, daddy's baby baby. Who loves you? Who loves you? DADDY DOES!" And kissing her ears and nose. He does the same thing with the grandkids. My niece had him in a crown, earrings and a necklace one day playing Princess Tea party.

My mom picked a winner. XD I love guys that gush over animals, they go up like 100 points.

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I love :heart: all these macho mushy guys.

And I think Monty IS HOME.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
I think if your DH is calling himself Monty's 'daddy' then it's all over. lol BTW, does your husband know you posted him here? Mine would die if I outed him being mushy to the any of the fids. :lol:
Exactly what I was thinking! Monty is awesome with your husband. I would suck at fostering for the same reason :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwww that is wonderful...my hubby is the same way..I call him the bird whisperer

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Uh oh... :embarassed: Though I'm not surprised, Monty is a cutie for sure! ;)

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Awe, that is just too cute. My husband would not even let me film that! LOL very cool that he is so amazing with the birds. You are a lucky girl!

MarleysMom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Debbie
Yes, Yes, Yes!! when I was watching Monty's video the other day I was hoping you would adopt him - he already seemed so content there!!:heart:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hehe,I had a feeling this would happen. Monty is so adorable,and thats so awesome that your hubby loves the fids so much.

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Monty looks quite at home and your hubby is a cutie. I think they are both keepers.

I just went back and watched the second video -- hysterical. I hear you laughing like crazy. I hope you have more dinner for Monty's daddy.

Last edited:

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Aww what a cutie Monty is and that is so sweet how your hubs loves him too! :D

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Thank you all so much. It's not 100% right now (we slept on it). We want to make the best choice for Monty though, and I'm sure he could have somewhere great with a new parent, but...the inconceivable "but"...we clearly have a piece of our heart in this ekkie. :heart:

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
You can tell how much he loves monty. :heart: I had the biggest smile while watching these vids!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Awww!! Your hubby is sooo cute with him! I love mushy guys with animals, he is a keeper for sure! So is Monty! What a sweetheart!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.