• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging... from my plate

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Last night, my husband and I ate dinner on the sofa watching a movie. Luv Bug was on my shoulder so I gave her a pea from my plate. She takes the tiniest, daintiest bites! :laugh: She climbed down my shoulder and took another pea from my plate. Then she got bold and climbed back down, this time onto my plate, stepped into my peas and took a bite of mashed potatoes! :roflmao: Clearly we don't feed her enough.
1112172126.jpg 1112172126b.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Don’t allow this. Your saliva has gram negative bacteria. Parrots have gram positive bacteria. The negative kind will make Luv Bug ill. Fix her up her own plate.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
It is cute, but it is better to make a little plate for Luv Bug...but then you watch...she'll sidestep her plate and still try to steal from yours. You'll have to be strong and make sure she stays on the straight and narrow...;)

Titan was our big food thief...he'd steal whole meatballs and drag them back up on your shoulder to eat them...:jawdrop1:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a little stinker Luv Bug is! At least she is eating her (or your!) veggies!

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I always have a little extra unseasoned peas or carrots etc separate from my plate that I bring with me in case Dobey wants to rob me. He knows he gets a couple bites and thats it.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yes it starts with one pea. :lol:

We don't eat in front of the cockatoos anymore. I might not get enough to eat.:)

In time you'll probably come to the same conclusion because it will start to get crazy (and possibly dangerous). They're the greediest most selfish creatures around. Share is not in their vocabulary. :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Reminds me of Lurch, was sharing some bites with him and next thing I know he was standing in the middle of my plate in the food helping himself. I know where those feet had been :wtf:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Although it is cute, I agree with the others. I have a special treat plate for Bella.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Don’t allow this. Your saliva has gram negative bacteria. Parrots have gram positive bacteria. The negative kind will make Luv Bug ill. Fix her up her own plate.
I didn't think of saliva at the time. :o: I put her in her cage after the pictures because I was worried more about her eating too much too quickly. She might take tiny bites, but she clearly wanted to try everything.

Titan was our big food thief...he'd steal whole meatballs and drag them back up on your shoulder to eat them...:jawdrop1:
An entire meatball?! :hilarious: There's an image. Lol

Yes it starts with one pea. :lol:

We don't eat in front of the cockatoos anymore. I might not get enough to eat.:)

In time you'll probably come to the same conclusion because it will start to get crazy (and possibly dangerous). They're the greediest most selfish creatures around. Share is not in their vocabulary. :)
Thankfully she didn't get ugly about it, but I did have to put her up because she wouldn't stop & I knew too much wasn't good for her. I didn't think what she might do to me. :confused:

Reminds me of Lurch, was sharing some bites with him and next thing I know he was standing in the middle of my plate in the food helping himself. I know where those feet had been :wtf:
Exactly! o_O