• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Foraging Boxes, also masking tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thank you, that is very helpful!:D
Can't have unsupervised string or rope around the caiques so these long skewers look like they would be a good subsitute for me
Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys - Home of the ATOM

how odd! the url doesn't change no matter where you go in the site! Anyways these are 10" long ss skewers...also has them for the large strong guys...

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
According to websites I have researched Birdie Bagels are made with food grade adhesives.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Call me paranoid (and I am with all of the health issues I've had with my birds), but I wouldn't use anything with adhesives. I know that pressed board (OCB) and thicker cardboard are made by using high temperatures and pressure with glue. I don't know what the glue has in it, so I don't use it. I do know for sure that plywood and OCB are not safe for birds.

ML

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thank you ML.
I got some little boxes made of thin Kraft natural paper cardboard.
LOL I thought Kraft is a paper manufacturer and I was going to call them for info but the only Kraft I see is a food company.

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
Call me paranoid (and I am with all of the health issues I've had with my birds), but I wouldn't use anything with adhesives. I know that pressed board (OCB) and thicker cardboard are made by using high temperatures and pressure with glue. I don't know what the glue has in it, so I don't use it. I do know for sure that plywood and OCB are not safe for birds.

ML
I'm right there with ya! Most glue has zinc. and most white or yellow glues use PVA the toxic crap used to make PVC, and glue for cardboard tubes uses more than one kind of glue.

Last edited:

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
couple of questions...
i also have read adhesives are no good, but what about those pinatas? what do they use to stick the papaer on with? you know the ones for birds...neo loves them...

how do you introduce a foraging box without it becoming a nest site? eva thinks any box will do, so i dont know how to give her one.

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
couple of questions...
i also have read adhesives are no good, but what about those pinatas? what do they use to stick the papaer on with? you know the ones for birds...neo loves them...

how do you introduce a foraging box without it becoming a nest site? eva thinks any box will do, so i dont know how to give her one.
Pinatas should be made with flour and water paste.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
omg LOL
:rofl:

:laughin:
thank you ML.
I got some little boxes made of thin Kraft natural paper cardboard.
LOL I thought Kraft is a paper manufacturer and I was going to call them for info but the only Kraft I see is a food company.

Status
Not open for further replies.