• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For the last 2 weeks........

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Sheba has NOT slept in her crate at night :dancing::dancing::dance4::dance4::dance4:

I went to put her to bed last Friday night and she wouldn't budge out of my bed, She just glared at me like "oh I'm not going any where" Yawned and curled back up in front of my fan and went right back to sleep

My b/f said "well has she chewed anything up recently?" I said Nope last thing she chewed up that was not hers was my mattress several months ago he said "then leave her be and let her sleep with you and see how it goes"

the 1st few nights I used the board I use to block my sons room of (she gets under his bed and into stuff stored under there runs off with his socks out of his basket and just makes it hard on the poor boy LOL) to keep her in my room at night, She slept like a baby- kept stealing my fan - so i'd get up in the middle of the night calling her a Fan hog! :rofl: but she is - I've been sleeping in front of my fan (its a box fan that sits on a small table at the head of my bed) she usually lays behind my knees(where they bend) when she sleeps next to me (even if I'm just laying there watching t.v) but She will get right up in my face and PUSH Me over then not only steal my fan but my darn pillow too! so i get pushed over to the side lol)

but after those nights went well I stopped blocking my door so she could come and go (her food and water is in the hall with a night light plugged in so she can see it LOL)

Beginning of this week she fell asleep in the living room Refused to come to bed , so I left her figured she'd get the hint when She didn't see me for a while and come to bed, Nope she stole the couch from my b/f only he doesn't share as well as I do , so she got off the couch and went to the loveseat - that just wasn't working for her, back to the couch she went still not getting her way because he wasn't sharing nicely LOL she eventually made her way back to my room at like 4 am and Yep pushed me over so she could be right in front of my fan

I've turned every one but the boyfriend into a fan-a-holic LOL I've slept with a fan every night all year long since I was 8, now my kids do the same thing, now the dog is doing it too LOL

so for the last 2 weeks Sheba has been crate less at night, she has not torn up anything, she goes right to sleep and sleeps all night

she still gets put in it when Every one leaves the house though I don't trust her THAT MUCH! she would tear my house apart for sure .. but that's my next mission to get rid of the crate all together..... then i'll have a little extra space in my room LOL

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Aw she is being a good girl. She must be up to something lol.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Aw she is being a good girl. She must be up to something lol.
lol that wouldn't surprise me any with her

but i'm hoping its because she's growing up and getting out of the "baby" stage of chewing everything in sight

she'll be 2 on July 22nd

she still gets stuff that isn't hers. Like towels/socks but she hasn't chewed on wood work in over a year, and its been many months since she ate a nice big hole in mattress and sheets that were on it when she did it so i'm crossing my fingers, and hope the next step is she forgets she has a sock fetish LOL

senorabarb

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I know how you feel! I've gone to sleep with my head on the pillow, and then when I wake up, a dog's head is on the pillow instead of mine. I think I need to turn on the fan beside my bed for Molly. She seems to pant a lot.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
I know how you feel! I've gone to sleep with my head on the pillow, and then when I wake up, a dog's head is on the pillow instead of mine. I think I need to turn on the fan beside my bed for Molly. She seems to pant a lot.

sheba loves it specially when its hot or muggy outside Even thought he A.C. is on in the house, the back of the house doesn't get it as well as the front so she crashes out in front of my fan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.