• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Foot bitten

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
One of my sennies bit another ones foot through the bars! :( she’s avoiding stepping on it, has it put up but I don’t see any blood. The foot also feels warm. What do I do?!
I already called an avian vet but they are an hour away and I’m at work. Trying to get out of work now to take her in. How bad is this? :(
She stepped on it long enough to eat a nurtiberry for what it’s worth.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Monitor the foot. Get some Vetericyn or another bird safe antiseptic and put it on the foot. However, the best thing to do is to take her to the vet especially if it is warm/hot, swollen, or there is redness. I've had birds bite other birds' toes and treated that myself but in some cases I have had to take the bird to the vet.

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Hope she is feeling better.

Lily’s mom

Meeting neighbors
She is still putting her foot up more than normal but I’m hoping that will pass in a few days.
The real question is how do I make her not hate the other two :(

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They get over being angry at each other. You will always have to monitor carefully, though, because if it happens once it may very well happen again.
How is her foot doing now?