• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flock updates

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
So this will be my flock update corner about da birbs hoo own meh.Bright the Rainbow Lorikeet,Umbrella the U2,Crown the YCA ( aka Puffy ) ,Mango and Tailfeather the budgies and the newest member,Star the G2!
So I gave Star a plastic battery-operated,touch activated led light yesterday to [lay with.Don't worry,it is big and sturdy and the light is a warm yellow orange glow that won't harm her.I realised the next morning that she left the light on the whole night! I know she did it cause I checked on her a few hours later then and saw that she was engrossed with the light and switching it constantly.
She even neglected the locks! I am not sure if she will do it in the next few days but if she does,it shows that she likes to have a night light and also,I NEEDA GO GET MORE BATTERIES!!!

Bright is chillin' in the garden,eating beansprouts and seed sprouts ( also just want to ask if eating the sprouts of the seeds that they eat is alright ) as usual while Mango and Tailfeather are hanging out on their much much smaller play gym ( Got 2,1 for Umbrella,Crown and now,Star too.The other for Bright,Mango and Tailfeather ).
Umbrella is listening to kindergarden music and displaying while Crown is busy with his chew toy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It sounds like you have happy birds. :)

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Star decides to hang put with Bright today and Mango is eating some strawberry while Taikfeather got his banana fix.
Crown totally ignored the poor grapes,strawberries and bananas whereas Umbrella snacks on her fruits but has her eyes stuck on Crown's share.If Crown still doesn't eat those fruits,he will be watching Umbrella eat them.:)

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Umbrella fails to understand that she can't have a SHOWER IN THE EVENING while I was showering just now.( yes,morning in US but evening here ) so in the end I had to get out early...Crown decided that he wanted to chew...on guess what? My frickin' clothes outside the bathroom that I was supposed to change into!At least Bright,Mango,Tailfeather and Star are chilling.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Brought Crown and Bright out today,nothing much other than that.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Today evening,close to 5pm,it started raining.First a drizzle,then a downpour.Umbrella was sitting on a balcony perch ( I meshed up the balcony half the balcony,with the other half protected by a door since I need to hang laundry...they bite my laundry too...) and she looked at the rain,then had this ridic conversation with me.I am 'M' and she is 'U'

U:Mi want shoo(she can't pronounce shower so 'shoo')
M:Not today,and you are having one now (remember,I meshed it up,so rain can still come through)
U:Shoo!Me Shoo!
M: *facepalms* No Umbrella,not now,not today.You just had one in the morning! Anyways the rain is getting heavy,would you like to go back while I retrieve my laundry?
U:Me watch you,Me shoo too...
M:Fine...

I went to get my half-soaked laundry and came back to Umbrella,passed her an almond from the nearby treat spot,left the main balcony door open so that she can come back when she wants.In the end,Star,Crown and Bright (obviously Bright,he loves water) went to join her...They only came back when the rain stopped,and were drenched as expected...They spent half an hour in front of a hair dryer with a slave(me) providing them with hot air while in a half bent position since the hair dryer can't reach that long and they are on a relatively low perch.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Adopted Johnson yesterday,he's quite aggressive.

Just remember he is not just aggressive. He is aggressive because........

Maybe he is stressed... or fightened/scared... maybe lacking in confidence... maybe it´s uncertainty.

There will be a reason he is aggressive, you just need to figure out what that is. I´m sure you will in time :)

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
He's scared would probably be a better word.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's great that you brought Johnson into your home. He needs the love and care you will give him.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Johnson screamed again,guess it takes time for him to stop that.Alex is cuddling with Umbrella now.Crown is enjoying his time by shredding the last bits of toilet paper.Mango and Tailfeather are having a pellet-throwing contest...

Yoshi&Raphi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Your flock sounds cute! :heart:

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Johnson is now on pellets.He also accepts spinach now and absolutely LOVES walnuts.
Star flew for 3m today from the play gym to my hand.She is clipped(by the pet shop).
Brought Crown out today for less than the usual 2-4h ( less than 1h,in fact,) because of rain...

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Fan renovation in progress.

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Well,Johnson is over quarantine and he came out of the cage for a fog mister...

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Woke up earlier from a suspicious sound.Not people breaking in or my upstairs karaoke session,but Umbrella's beak grinding...
You would be wrong if you thought that that was normal.Usually,that is,for Toos',but Umbrella spends her time gnawing on the expensive wooden toys in her sleep cage...which I just bought yesterday as I ran out of a fourth rotating toy supply (I change weekly to a new set every month) .Damn.I might need another LBS visit this week...