• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Flight into glass door help?

Phoenix&Li

Walking the driveway
Hi. My sun conure has been a little nuts today. He flies to me when im not ready to catch him and usually when im in the kitchen. He got thrown off his usual flight path because the fridge door was open. He flew over the fridge, through the dining room, through the hallway, hit the living room glass door, then landed on his stand. He seems okay and he continued flying after he hit the door. It sounded like his beak hit the door and it looked like opened wings on the door (like he was hugging it). Its the first time this happened and im not sure what to look for. He's currently on an anti inflammatory and antibiotics for an unrelated injury. Just wanted to know what to look for so I can take him to the vet if needed. Thank you.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Bump

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Things to watch for include: lethargy, decreased interaction, decreased appetite, loss of balance. Closely monitor and if you see any of these then do contact the vet. Let him take it easy for now....stay in the cage. No flying around. You don't want to take a chance that he will hit something again or aggravate an injury that you can't see.

Reactions: tka

Phoenix&Li

Walking the driveway
Things to watch for include: lethargy, decreased interaction, decreased appetite, loss of balance. Closely monitor and if you see any of these then do contact the vet. Let him take it easy for now....stay in the cage. No flying around. You don't want to take a chance that he will hit something again or aggravate an injury that you can't see.
Okay thank you. I gave him a shower after so he can mellow out.