• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flea problem! Please help

Jay Johnson

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jared Dean Johnson
I am going to apologize up front if I am posting in the wrong place. I am running into a potential nightmare. The other night, I noticed that our dog Merlin had a flea. So of course, it was nearly midnight, so i had to make due and run to walmart to get stuff for that. Well, I am scared to get anything that could poentially get in the air, and hurt my baby cockatiel. I been throughly vaccuming everything everyday, doing laundry every day doing everything I can possibly think of.

My dog has had a flea dip, and I got him a sernesto flea collar. I am not even sure any of that is working at this point, because I just noticed a flea on my leg while getting a shower.

So again, im sorry if this is in the wrong place, but can someone please tell me what I can do to treat the house, and still be safe for my baby cockatiel. My partner just gets overwhelmed, so its basically up to me to do whatever I need to do. Thanks in advance everyone!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If it were me in this situation I would do the following:

Take dog to vet for flea dip.

Take bird to a friend of board for a day

Buy and use a flea bomb in your house or apartment.

Next day bring back bird.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
They might also be outside in a garage or there is a wild cat or dog running around.
They jump on your legs & the dog when you walk by.

You bring them in & they lay eggs so keep vacuuming

Can't stand fleas...I'm very allergic!

Last edited: