• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flappy Saint Patty's Day!

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Tatzu turned 2 years old today.
The lucky Birdday boy had a blast with all of his buddies...there were a lot of tasty nuts plus tons of fun with the garden hose.
From there, we had to hit the skies. It's hard to beat fly time in the crazy fun Santa Ana winds!

Screenshot_20240317_221901_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_221650_Gallery.jpg

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy birthday Tatzu! Is it second birthday already?

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love your photos of them flying. I so wish I could have done this.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I love your photos of them flying. I so wish I could have done this.
Thank you so much!

You can still flight train adults for outdoors...Tatzu was over a year when I trained him and my GW and B&G in Illinois/NYC were trained at 7 and 15 respectively. My Capri is 4 and other GW is 11 and I'll be starting on one of them this summer/fall as well... it is trickier with the adults but certainly doable.

Absolutely no worries if not though! Just wanted to offer encouragement/but never feel bad or have any regrets.
:heart2:

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much!

You can still flight train adults for outdoors...Tatzu was over a year when I trained him and my GW and B&G in Illinois/NYC were trained at 7 and 15 respectively. My Capri is 4 and other GW is 11 and I'll be starting on one of them this summer/fall as well... it is trickier with the adults but certainly doable.

Absolutely no worries if not though! Just wanted to offer encouragement/but never feel bad or have any regrets.
:heart2:
I would if I could. Unfortunately I am disabled. I have no balance (nerve damage both legs/feet), can't stand more than a few minutes. Also JaKhu refuses to fly. Stinker. She was already heavily clipped at 4 months when I got her. Her balance was terrible & she feared falling. She'd step-up, give me the death grip & also grab on (my skin) with her beak. I've tried several times to fly her a short distance across the room, but she won't let go of me. I tried tossing her & she drops to the floor. She is soon to be 4 years old & has yet to fly & still fears falling. I'm in central PA where we have a gazillion trees & power lines, as well as many hawks. Not the best for outside flight training.

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
I would if I could. Unfortunately I am disabled. I have no balance (nerve damage both legs/feet), can't stand more than a few minutes. Also JaKhu refuses to fly. Stinker. She was already heavily clipped at 4 months when I got her. Her balance was terrible & she feared falling. She'd step-up, give me the death grip & also grab on (my skin) with her beak. I've tried several times to fly her a short distance across the room, but she won't let go of me. I tried tossing her & she drops to the floor. She is soon to be 4 years old & has yet to fly & still fears falling. I'm in central PA where we have a gazillion trees & power lines, as well as many hawks. Not the best for outside flight training.
I live in western PA and yes, hawks galore. Im afraid for my cat when its outside.

Sarah13

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Oh yes, no worries then.
I hope she continues her lovely life with you, getting always braver and stronger.

So true about the trees and hawks... so many here in SoCal. I have 5 resident red tails at the ranch where I fly if I don't have time to drive anywhere. It's amazing how many BoPs you find when you have to share the sky.