• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fires in Colorado

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My daughter lived just outside of Aspen and has been taking many photos of all the fires around her. The ones she sent me today I call Beauty and the Beast. You will see why when you look at the photos.
This location is Lake Christine.

fire 2.jpg fire 1.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Nice photos! Not so nice reason. :o: We used to vacation in Colorado every year when I was a kid and I loved all of the different flowers. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope your daughter will be safe and that they put out the fires soon. How did this one start?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The big one started when a young couple were target shooting at the shooting range. They have since been charged with 2 felonies each and are serving time in jail because 3 homes were destroyed by the fire they started. My daughter and husband have been living and breathing smoke now for a month.

The state flower is the Columbine, one of my favorites. Just a simple walk in the woods in the Spring time you will see so many of them.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I don't see how shooting started a fire unless alcohol & carelessness (& maybe cigarettes) were also involved. :sour: At least they have to answer for it!

The columbine was my favorite, too! :smileflower: There were so many colors of it & it looked nothing like any flower I'd seen. My mom bought me a packet of seeds from a gift shop, but I didn't have any luck with them when we got home.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You get sparks sometimes when shooting a gun and the surrounding area is very dry.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@Lady Jane
no, I'm in the foothills, not the mountains.
There was heavy smoke in the air this morning that had everyone calling the authorities, but it was from several new fires closer to us than the Lake Christine fire.
We got a wonderful rain this afternoon and it dropped temps from 87 to 66, so that was fantastic.
We are just scary dry, hot, and windy so we take any rain we can get.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Fires are no joke! I hate that they happen and hope that any fires burning get extinguished by the rains. Many times lightning can spark them too. I will be doing the rain dance for you all!