• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fingers aren't scary anymore!

RatTails

Meeting neighbors
This morning Kupo fell asleep on my lap, head tucked into wing. Her pin feathers so temptingly sticking out. So I went for it. I preened her pins as lightly as I could.

Eventually she woke up (I assume she wasn't entirely asleep) and allowed me to continue. Eventually she started moving her head and exposing the underside of her beak to me for scritches. I was so honored! I managed to get a small video if y'all are interested to see. She closes her eyes in bliss it's so cute!

Tails on Instagram: “OMG OMG OMG fingers aren't scary anymore!! . . . #birb #birbsofinstagram #bird #birdsofinstagram #petbird #cockatiel #cockatielsofinstagram…”

We got her on the 8th April so I think we've made amazing progress!

Thanks for reading x

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
That's great!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aw, it really looks like she’s enjoying that, how rewarding!:heart:

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
OH
MY
GOSH!!!! So in love!! How wonderful!
sherri

RatTails

Meeting neighbors
Thanks guys. It was totally out of the blue and I felt so privileged! I was unsure how "rough" I could be so I started out gently of course.

This is the first time I've ever felt a bird this way and I'm blown away at how delicate and fragile they feel! Their little tiny skulls are so light and their little necks are so thin and spindly! I'm in love