• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Female Eclectus Parrot

Status
Not open for further replies.

step_on_up

Moving in
Real Name
Derek
My girlfriend and I are looking for a more suitable home for our 6 year old female Eclectus parrot, Ruby. She is a timid and sweet bird, but we have both been working longer hours, and on top of taking care of our cockatiel, conure, and young dog, we have sadly decided that we don't have time to properly care for Ruby. This is by no means an emergency, but if we could find a kind person who wants to take care of an Eclectus in the New England area (we live in Massachusetts) we would consider rehoming her. If you are interested in knowing anything about her, or have any suggestions for me, please let me know.

Thanks.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

iamWilson

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mary
Do you still have Ruby? I have a female eclectus and I think she gets bored being the only bird. She was my son's bird but he had 5 and moved to Colorado. He decided to leave the female eclectus with me because they never could get her and the male to mate and they didn't ever really like each other. Oddly this bird was buddies with their Ring Neck Parrot. I don't know if it would be better to get a male or a female eclectus as a companion bird because she didn't really seem to like the male that my son had. I'd like to get another eclectus because it would be easier to feed the same type of bird rather than learn a whole new list of food for another bird. I live in Alton NH near lake Winni. If you still have your bird and it needs a new home maybe we could let them meet and see if they like each other. Thanks

Last edited:

EkkieWoman

Checking out the neighborhood
I would be interested in taking her I am in PA but would be more than willing to make the distance

Status
Not open for further replies.